one

elijah

i told you i didn't actually want to go to that party and you looked at me like i was stupid.

"how come? you love them. you told me they made you feel loose, like you were in a concert or something" was your exact response. your memory and stubbornness together was hard to argue against.

"i don't have a ride" i replied and you shrugged. "you should've just said that. i'll just pick you up"  you answered.

i sighed in defeat.

"walk with me to class?" i asked. i might've sounded really desperate because you did not hesitate to.

all of a sudden you interrupted the silence and your words filled the air. "can we talk?" was what came out, halfway to my classroom. i faced you, involuntarily squinting my eyes and leaning my head to the right like i was trying to look inside your eyes and find out your deepest secret. i specifically remember that because my hand had accidentally touched yours when doing that.

"i mean, after school. meet me at sunny's" was what you said; your cheeks a peach shade.

and then you took a couple steps back and turned around to sprint back to what i noticed was your class. we walked past it and i didn't even notice and now, you were rushing to it with your biology textbook that you were holding with one arm. you made it into your class right before the bell rang and i noticed i just needed one more step to not be late and- done! you were perfect with your timing, as always. i think it was one of the many superpowers you had.

another could've count as making people so curious, they didn't want to bear to wait a couple of periods. but, i did anyways, trying to think of anything you could've possibly want to talk to me about.