of the

IT WAS NOW six very long months later and ethan had woken up from the coma that he was in because of the tragic car accident.

even though the dolans were happy to have their ethan back, they also felt shattered. their hearts broke when ethan's first words in the hospital room was "who are you guys".

elijah's prayers had came true. ethan didn't remember anything elijah told him when he was sleeping but if he had known that he was going to forget everything, praying for his memory loss wouldn't have even crossed his mind.

that didn't change anything though. ethan didn't even remember his own name when he woke up and elijah who heard the news from 1 and a half hours away couldn't help but feel guilty.

while ethan was getting learning more and more about his family, taking therapy, and trying to remember what he used to be, elijah was in new york also in a horrible mental state.

not as bad as forgetting your whole life but still horrible.

he went with what he had said. he hadn't contacted ethans aunt. everything he was now was because he didn't take the easy way up but instead, worked for.

he started off as a production assistant at first. his first new york job was behind the scenes on a set for a huge tv show. he'd sort out clothes, bring them from room to room, get waters for the crew when needed, clean up after the crew, make sure no one tripped over anything, and more.

his apartment was dirty and old and not in the cute and artsy part of new york. he drove 45 minutes to his work everyday.

did he actually believe in himself? the truth was- yes. he did.

after every story he was rehearsing to ethan, realization of every explanation for every memory they had shared or thing ethan had said he noticed something.

ethan believed in him the whole way up. he pushed him to do greater, didn't doubt any of the goals he wanted to achieve in the future and just wanted the best for him overall.

so now he was at the top but if he could've taken back everything, he would've.

one day in set the director of photography, one who was very hands-on with the meetings had announced that they were going to be collaborating with a huge modeling agency so that they could model the clothes. it was going to benefit both groups- the models and the attention the clothing the models were going to wear was going to get.

so they collaborated. and then elijah came in with clothes in his arm to bring to the clothing designers, passing by the owner of the modeling agency.

there was a whole conversation between them and elijah was happy to accept mr.daniels', the owners pleads and become the first male face of the agency.

he was very happy but noticed he hadn't thought anything through before accepting his offer. he was so happy that he had said "sure" in an instant, with a bright smile on his face. ethan in the back of his mind.

but then he really occupied his mind and even though he never forgot where he was that instant, which was the coma, it truly hit him.

and every single day was spent in guilt after that.

leaving him in jersey and moving to new york. not being there for when he woke up.

but he had a reason for it. an actual reason.