day we

elijah

we were sitting in the diner place we always did when you didn't have detention after school. you were a bad kid so i guess that wasn't that often but i liked it. matter of fact, i looked forward to it. every memory and joke we shared and conversed on in 'our' booth meant and means so much to me.

'sunny side up diner' was it's name. i think you'd love it if we went today but i don't know. you never liked breakfast places and that place's specialty was crispy bacon and eggs. that's why you always only ordered a milkshake.

a wild berry milkshake without blueberries, specifically. with whipped cream and the cherry on top of course. once i got the same thing to see what about it interested you so much but it just wasn't my favorite. i think it would've been better with the blueberries.

i'm sorry i never asked you why you didn't like blueberries. i'm so sorry.

anyways, let me get back on track. the thing that you wanted to tell me and made me wait for until we got here was still in my head and we were only having small talk. or so i thought until you brought up the fact that i had told you how badly i wanted to model.

"do you remember when you told me that you wanted to model?" was how you said it.

"you mean like, yesterday? yes." i replied, remembering how i had a small moment of being bold on the phone the day before. i was scared to tell you that i wanted to model at first. i'm not going to lie to you and tell you that i don't know why because i do. i was scared on how you would've taken it. we don't see male models often.

you took a sip of your wild berry milkshake with a smile you tried to tame on your face. it didn't have blueberries, the whipped cream was melted in it, and the cherry on top was gone because of me, but you looked like you enjoyed the milkshake i found yuck.

"sooo, i called my aunt." you continued. i grew impatient at how long it was taking you to tell the thing you've been wanting to the whole day and you could've seen it in my face. it's like you read me and continued.

"and you might be wondering what she has to do with anything so let me tell you" you said. i smiled right after you said that back then and i am now while remembering your excitement. i swear your smile is contagious and i don't even have to be with you to prove that.

"so she lives in new york and she's a costume designer. amanda dolan, search her up. not to brag or anything but she's pretty famous" you said. i remember smiling with my teeth because of you in front of me leaning back now at the mention of your 'famous' aunt.

"wow, you better not charge me for hanging out with you, the ethan dolan." i said, feeding onto your fake huge ego. you shrugged you shoulders and went with it. " i don't know, i mean she did work with steve carell and dressed him and all the other actors in the movie 'the 40 year old virgin" you said.

all of a sudden my mouth was open in shock. "shut up" was my response to you. you smiled, stopped leaning back and took another sip of the milkshake.

"anyways, she knows people." you said and i nodded. i remember being so happy and excited, i can't even express it right now. i promise i was. you were trying to hook me up with the people your aunt hung out with so i can be what i wanted to be. a model.

but there was a reason why i didn't accept it and that was because of how little i struggled for the modeling position i was going to get. i felt like i didn't earn it. i did not want to get into modeling the day after i told you, just because i had told you and you had an aunt that was a genie in a bottle.

but i was extremely thankful for you and how thoughtful you were. also how sweet, caring, and selfless your parents taught you to be and maybe that was it.

maybe if you weren't all that i would've left to new york to model. it would've been easier to leave you. but i couldn't when you asked me. not when i had someone i cared for so much near me.

-
au: i promise these chapters get better