[02] NEW HOME

When Brina woke, she was greeted by an extremely bright white light

   When Brina woke, she was greeted by an extremely bright white light. A small groan escaped her at the brightness, her hand going up to cover the light. As she brought her hand up, Brina's heart nearly stopped at how her hand now looked. No longer was it covered by her slick green scales or her sharp talons or even the webs connecting all her fingers.

   No, instead, creamy pale skin replaced the scales, the webs connecting her fingers were completely gone allowing her to wiggle her fingers individually, and the talons no longer grazed the edge of her fingertips.

   In a state of shock, Brina wiggled her fingers around, bringing her other hand up, seeing the same result. Rubbing her hands together, the siren was amazed by the softness of her flesh. The scales that once resided along her body were rough, meant to protect her from sharp objects, this skin was soft, as if inviting sharp objects to cut her.

   After a solid two minutes of admiring and playing with her fingers, the siren brought her hands to her cheeks, rubbing over the newly soft skin. Running her fingertips over her face, Brina purred at the feel of her familiar silky hair. At least that had not changed.

   It was as she was running her fingers through her hair that Brina realized there was no pain. The transformation was complete. In a motion quicker than light, Brina snapped her head toward where her tail once resided.

   In the place her long and sharp tail once was, there was now a pair of squishy flesh legs. Brina furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of grey pants over her legs, the siren not knowing what they were called but recognizing it as the outer layer of protection humans often wore. Rubbing her legs together, Brina let out a puff of air at the gentle feel of the sweatpants.

   Trailing her fingers over the pants, Brina froze upon reaching a symbol printed onto the right pocket. The symbol was a simple rocket ship with the word Life printed inside, something that any human would have been able to read, but a true jigsaw for a creature such as Brina.

   Moving away from the symbol, Brina began bringing her hands up, running them over the fabric of the black shirt. The siren stopped when she got to her breasts, frowning when she felt some sort of hard fabric constricting any movement of that area.

   In Brina's mind, the pants and the shirt were okay, but not this odd piece of constricting fabric. She did not like how this made her chest feel, she would take this off as soon as she figured out exactly what it was.

   Just as Brina began reaching around, trying to take it off, a movement coming from her legs swept her attention away. Glancing down, Brina gasped as toes wiggled back and forth in the spot her sharp fins used to be. Sitting up, Brina found that she was able to fold her legs in a manner which allowed her to grab and play with her toes.

   'So this is what looking like a human feels like.' Brina thought to herself curiously, slowly releasing her toes, keeping her legs folded over the other.