[06] GAMES

"Mr. Drake," Carlton looked up, his legs sprawled lazily atop his large office desk. "They need you down in containment lab 54." His personal assistant said, Carlton, recognizing the number as the siren's assigned unit.

Quickly, Carlton stood from his desk. "Thank you, Michael." He nodded toward his assistant as he left his office, walking at a brisk pace toward the lab located on the lower levels of the Life Foundation's enormous building.

The siren had been at the Life Foundation for just a little over a week, and in that time she had not done much. Other than the one time she transformed, she had only sat around watching the children television programs and slept.

Carlton was not the only one surprised to see the siren so content with her situation and if he was being honest with himself, he thought that she would have put up more of a fight. But so far, it seemed she simply did not acknowledge them other than when she was hungry, in which case she would start sniffing the air looking to either Carlton or Dora in a begging manner.

After realizing that the siren was not going to be doing anything interesting until she was able to talk, Carlton decided that he would catch up on all the paperwork he had been missing in favor of staying in the lab.

So now, after hearing that his presence was requested in the lab, Carlton was slightly giddy, hoping that the siren was finally beginning to do something other than sleep and lay around.

Pressing the button on the elevator, Carlton stood by himself with crappy classical music as it descended the thirteen levels it took to get to the containment facility.

   "What even is this song?" Carlton groaned in disdain toward the music. "I need to change this." He spoke out loud, making note to change the music genre from classical to something more upbeat.

   The siren was being held just across the unit from where his symbiotes would be when they arrived.

Just thinking about having both the symbiotes and the siren within his grasp sent a thrill racing down Carlton's spine. He was finally getting somewhere.

"What's the news?" Carlton questioned as soon as he entered the lab, everyone turning to their boss at his arrival.

Brina, from where she was lying on the bed watching a show called, 'The Little Einsteins', glanced up at the arrival of the handsome boss man. The siren tilted her head, recognizing that this was the first time he had dropped by since yesterday, allowing her gaze to sweep over him making sure he was still the same as she last saw him.

He looked the same other than the clothing, Brina noted before turning back to her show.

Doctor Callahan from where he sat at his laptop made an over dramatic frown face giving a thumbs down. "Boring, sir, she's still done nothing!" Callahan exclaimed, Dora, scoffing while slapping his shoulder.

"Ignore him, Mr. Drake. The siren has been showing signs of an increasing human I.Q. level, as from what we can tell based on the fact that she's beginning to watch and understand shows meant for older children now, she is starting to understand some language. However, as she still has to made no attempt at talking-" Carlton listening intently, nodding his head at Dora every so often.

"We think she's a mute!" Callahan butted in, wrapping an arm around Dora's shoulder.

Carlton looked startled at the new information, Dora simply looking horrified, the woman pushing Callahan away. "Sir, it was a joke we made earlier, and Doctor Callahan here is adamant on not letting it go." She hissed, throwing a harsh glare toward Callahan who only shrugged.