[10] LOVEGAME

Brina loved playing with Carlton Drake. That was a new past time she soon found.

Of course, as soon as Doctor Skirth and Carlton walked in, Brina chose to stop talking. The siren simply sat back in front of the television, pretending to watch it, but in reality, she was focusing on Carlton Drake trying to get her attention out of the corner of her eye.

He stood just outside the glass, watching her with a scowl, silently cursing her stubborn nature. He did not understand, she had literally just been a chatterbox before he arrived, what the hell had changed?

However, unbeknownst to him, the reason for Brina's behavior was that was simply how female sirens tended to act toward the ones they began growing attracted to. Especially Brina, who found it incredibly amusing to watch Carlton get so desperate for her attention. If Carlton had known this, then he would have done the smart thing, he would have stopped trying to get her attention and ignored her because then Brina would dislike being ignored and in turn do everything in her power to get Carlton back.

But, Carlton did not know this, so he continued tapping on the glass wall, unaware that he was only fueling Brina further. Eventually, Carlton stopped trying to get her attention for a few minutes, taking a break so that he could watch the recently recorded video of her holding a conversation with Quinton and Doctor Catherine Linkin.

He immediately ordered the information to be looked into further, but unfortunately, with Brina refusing to acknowledge their existence, there was only so much they could do.

"Add stubborn and bratty on the personality list," Carlton growled while pinching the bridge of his nose.

He knew what she was doing now, he was not an idiot. His only question was why she found it amusing to ignore him out of everyone here.

Callahan quietly snickered while writing down what Carlton told him to. Dora rolled her eyes, smacking Callahan upside the head. Quinton only laughed harder, having a hard time keeping quiet as he watched his boss start banging on the glass for the umpteenth time.

"Why. Are. You. Ignoring. Me!" Carlton exclaimed.

Quinton was now covering his mouth to keep in the laughs begging to escape. Though Dora also found the situation slightly amusing, she was not so idiotic as to actually laugh out loud.

Hearing Quinton snickering, Carlton narrowed his eyes while whirling around to face his employee.

"Something funny, Callahan?" He said through gritted teeth, his hands fisted in irritation.

"No, no, nothing at all, sir," Callahan's words did not ring true and everyone knew that.

"You know what, why don't you try getting her attention," Carlton threw his hands up while walking toward his employee.

Callahan's amusement soon ran dry, as he frantically shook his head. "Oh no, I don't think that would be the smartest move—"

"Oh no, please, let's give you a chance, trade places with me," Carlton forcefully pulled Callahan out of his chair, pushing him toward the containment cell.

Quinton watched with his mouth agape as Carlton sat where he previously was, grabbing the pen next to his page of notes on Brina, Carlton's eyes quickly flicking over the many words scrolled in Callahan's handwriting.

Carlton furrowed his brows when he read the words "heavy sexual tension between the doctor and subject".

What the fuck?

Slowly, Carlton looked toward Callahan who was already looking at him as if waiting for him to read that. So, that was the reason he did not want to move. Carlton did not have the energy to scold him, so the head doctor only groaned while erasing the words.