Hey

After the day ended, practice came around. Going to a new school and only having 1 friend that you have 1 class with is so hard. My days are absolutely draining. Volleyball and Adriana are the only things that make it all worth it. I can be ready for a 12 hour nap, but the second the bell rings signaling that my last class is over, I'm wide awake and ready to practice like I wasn't about to drop dead 2 seconds ago.

It's a refreshing feeling, being so excited about something and always being able to look forward to it. After the same boring schedule, day after day, it's so nice to have something different.

I quickly walked to the bathroom (luckily for me it's right by my last class) and changed as fast as I could before heading to the gym. I ran my laps and before stretching. Finally, it was time to actually start practice.

Adriana and Ariana walked into the gym, side by side, and it seemed as though the entire world had slowed. I couldn't take my eyes off of the two of them together. It's was mesmerizing how similar they were but how easy they were to tell apart. I couldn't find a single thing that would give me a hint as to which was which, but I was somehow fully aware that it was Adriana on the left and Ariana on the right.

   They had this glow around them that seemed to grab everyone's attention. Everything in the gym fell silent immediately, either that or I had gone deaf.

   It took me much longer than it should have to realize that they were coming over towards me. When I did realize, they were already a mere 10 feet away. I felt everyone staring at me and began to get anxious. Have I done something wrong? Both captains are walking towards me. Am I getting kicked off of the team? Fuck.

   I took and deep breath and plastered a smile on my face. "Hi Adriana," I said simply.

   "Hi Y/N!! This is my sister, Ariana," she smiled big and mouthed what looked like 'i told you!!!'

   I took a second to think about if I should make a joke to ease the tension. 'Oh you're real? I thought I was seeing double!' Nope, that's dumb.

   "Hey," I said, standing and dusting off my butt and thighs before extending my hand out to her.

   "Hey," she said, reaching out to shake my hand and smiling awkwardly. Just met and I'm already making her uncomfortable? That's a great sign.

   "So how did your test go?" Adriana asked.

   "Did I study? Definitely not. Did I pass?"

   "Definitely not," Adriana answered.

   I laughed and rolled my eyes. "I actually think
I did pretty well. Despite what you may think, I'm decently smart." We both chuckled.

   "I'm going to go talk to Ashley; she looks lost," Ariana quietly told Adriana. "It was nice meeting you," she flashed me a quick smile before walking off to who I assumed was Ashley. I still didn't have everyone's names down.

   After everyone had warmed up and stretched, we began doing drills. We were spiking, passing, and hitting the balls back and forth around several nets that we had set up.

I was more advanced than some of the other players, so I was working on show tricks like turning in the air as I go to spike the ball. I kept hitting the ball, but my aim was off. It went out instead of down. Theoretically speaking, they could still hit the ball into the net to get us close our victory. However, shorts players could save the ball and hit it over.

I was becoming more and more frustrated. I stopped for a second to stretch out more and calm down. My right arm was behind my head while my left hand pulled it down more. I looked around and continued to stretch before I noticed Ariana coming my way. Impressing a captain was a great way get them to tell coach I was ready for a game.

I threw the ball into the air and jumped while twisting myself in the air and spiked the ball. It went out. I sighed to myself and shook my head.

"Having trouble getting it down?"

"Just a bit. I keep hitting the ball out instead of down," I sighed and looked up to meet her eyes. Unlike her sister, Ariana had brown eyes. It was something so small that you had to look closely to notice, but it was the one difference they had.

"When you are turning, try to keep your head focused on one thing and bend your elbow more."

I grabbed another ball and went for it again. This time, however, the ball went down like it was supposed to. "I thought I'd never get that, thanks." We chuckled for a moment. "How did you know the whole head trick?"

"I used to do dance. When we spin we keep our head focused on one spot so we don't get dizzy."

   "Oh duh. Adriana told me that she used to dance, guess I didn't remember twins grow up together." We both laughed quietly.

   "Got any other moved your struggling with?" she asked.

   "Not any I can think of off of the top of my head. Thank you though!"

   "Of course!" She said before walking away.

   After practicing my move for 10 straight minutes and getting it perfect every time, I decided to go take a water break.

   As I was getting my water, Adriana made her way over to me with a particular look on her face.

   "So, you and Ariana huh?"

   "Ariana and I what?" I asked.

   "I saw you two talking." She made an attempt at a flirtatious smirk. Fuck, these butterflies!! I rolled my eyes and played it off with a laugh.

   "She just helped me with a move because she saw how frustrated I was getting."

   "Mhmm, I bet there are a few other moves she could show you."

   "Adriana stop," I laughed. "I've known her for a day I don't see her like that." Besides, I've got my eyes on you and your perfect little green eyes.

   "Practice is over Adriana, let's go," Ariana says, scaring the shit out of both of us. I'm not sure what she heard, but she isn't close enough to have heard anything other than my last sentence, which didn't give away that we were talking about her. She showed no signs of suspicion, so I figured she hadn't heard enough. We were in the clear.

   "Bye cutie, I'll see you around," Adriana said as she pecked my cheek. Fuuck heart, chill out bro. I held back my grin and said bye back before packing my stuff and leaving.
———
i promise this is going to get to the whole you and ariana stuff just give it some time:)