00|Augustus

Growing up I had always dreamed of being like James Bond.

A charming agent with killer moves, hot women on my arms as I shot down bad guys and drove around in the fanciest cars whilst wearing the best looking suits and smoking cancer sticks and drinking booze like my life depended on it.

Not to mention the many, many nights of wild sex.

I guess you could say my dream came true.

I do indeed wear the best suits, drive the fanciest cars, smoke and drink like a mad man, and have women on my arms and in my bed frequently.

But one thing that made James and I different was that whilst he was a hero, an agent, I was the leader of the bad guys across the globe.

I shoot the good guys and torcher the bad when they disobey me or make me look as though I'm a fool.

To outsiders, I was known as Ace Lovelace. The second largest CEO in America. The sexiest bachelor alive; yet one of the scariest.

But to those who knew me. The real me. I was Boss. The Boss. Or, to those close enough in hell, Augustus. Nothing more than the incarnate of satan himself.

Either way I was feared.

"P-Please, Sir! I have a family-"

Nonchalantly wiping the blood from the dagger on the handkerchief, I strut around the room slowly as the older man shakes violently in the chair he's strapped to.

"Yes. We all do. That's why we don't turn our backs on orders, nor do we go against our superiors. Because we have families. Families whom are in danger everyday thanks to us. One slip up and we're dead. Their dead." I tell him calmly as tears roll down his filthy, bloody cheeks.

"Please. I'm begging you-"

I cut him off.

"And I gave you an order, which you did not go through with. Simply because of what? Friendship?"

I scoff, examining my blade.

"So what if it had to do with someone whom trusts you, Moreau? We all lie. We all sin. We all use others. It's only nature. We are humans after all."

"You are no human! You're a monster!" He screams out and I blanch, whirling around to press the tip of my dagger against his glistening neck, his Adam's apple bobbing as he sucks in a shocked breath.

What was so shocking about a man of my background pressing a blade against flesh? Let alone when such keepers of the flesh are spitting out worthless insults?

"That is where you are wrong, Moreau. Though I may do monstrous things, I still have a family of my own. They make me human. I will admit that if I did not have them, I would become far more satanic than I already am, yes."

I look him straight in his beady black eyes. "With that little fact being said, I'll spare your family. You're wife with inherit enough money to care for your two children until they graduate college and then more to live out the rest of her life comfortably."

"What of me?"

A sinister smile graces my lips at the question.

"No woman deserves the disgustingly worthless man that lays beneath your facade. I have no mercy for you, Moreau. None at all."

He stops breathing for a moment before I pull away and take a few steps back.

That's when the screams echo off the wall, causing my blood to hum through my body happily.

I snicker as I put the dagger back into its sheath. "Save the screams for the real torcher, my dear friend."

"Augustus! You bastard! You sick bastard!"

I snap my fingers at one of my men.

"Fetch me Aeros." I demand without taking my eyes off of the weeping man.

"And tell him to get the torch."

He nods. "Of course, Boss."

"You shouldn't fret, dear friend." I mockingly soothed to him as I began to walk around his body.

"Your family is safe and will never be targeted again. I promise on my life. You should be thankful."

His screams die down as he glares at me. "I will never be thankful to you."

The sinister grin on my face widens and terror shines in his eyes as I chuckle loudly. "Very well, Moreau. Very well."

"Augustus."

I stop my snickering and turn to face Aeros Villin. My childhood friend whom was crazier than most serial killers in this world. He was a pyromaniac and had a past criminal record in arsonism. Times like these were when we bonded most.

I grin genuinely at the fair haired man. "Aeros! Wonderful to see you! Did you bring the torch as I asked?"

A dark look casts in his light eyes as a smirk pulls at his lips.

"Why of course, Boss. I also brought hydrofluoric acid to spice things up a bit!" He gushes like a girl as he holds up his large black bag.

I chuckle. "I'll leave it to you then, Aeros. I must get going to the nieces party."

He nods as he places down his bag and starts to get everything ready.

"Let Rose know I'll be a bit late, yeah? Me and you both know how the smell of burning flesh likes to stick around. Princess Calla will need me smelling like lilies today." He chuckles as he snaps his latex gloves on.

Rolling my eyes, I give him a wave of my hand.

"Of course."

Turning back to the teary eyed man looking down at his feet, I bend down before him and raise his chin slightly.

"Don't worry, Moreau, you will be thought to the world as a heroic cop who jumped into a burning building to save the lives of innocents."

"Please-"

I stand, chuckling as I start my way towards the door as Aeros tests the blowtorch.

"Au revior, Moreau."

I grimace as I close the door, his screams following quickly as I do.

"Curse you! Curse you Augustus!"

Pocketing my hands, I shake my head and begin to walk up the stairs and past my guards.

"I am already cursed, you stupid man."