11|Weird Vibes

Layla

"So, you and Ace?" Giselle smirks teasingly at me over her glass of wine.

I roll my eyes. "There is nothing going on."

"Aside from him confessing his feelings and you looking at him for ten minutes like a knot on a log before running in here." Rose mutters from her spot on the loveseat.

The men were out back grilling while we sat inside drinking wine (aside from Rose), giving the girls the perfect timing to suffocate me with questions.

"It's too early for him to know how he feels for me-"

"You've known each other for seven years." English stated, her blue eyes sparkling (most likely due to the sight of my obvious misery).

"But we couldn't stand one another-" I go to object.

"Uh, no, you couldn't stand him. He's always had an interest in you." Rose corrected and I threw her a poisoned look in response.

Aunt Kim hummed her agreement as she sipped her red wine whilst Giselle and English nodded.

Melissa looks at me for a small moment before speaking. "I hated Maddox before. He was a total tool and-"

"Stuck up on his best friend who he shattered mentally." English finished, Melissa pointing and nodding in agreement as Rose glared between the two.

A small huff leaves me before I shake my head.

"Look! This family cookout thing isn't for me so let's turn our conversation away from my life and onto the one who needs us the most!" I exclaim, pointing towards Giselle.

She scoffs as they all look at her.

"I'm perfectly fine with the conversation at hand."

Great. The eyes were back on me.

"Are you sure? I mean this is all kind of sudden." I tell her and she rolls her eyes before giving me a small smile.

"It's not all that sudden, Layla. I couldn't give Daniel the life he wanted so he filed for divorce. End of story."

"He's a downright stupid piece shit." Kim grumbled.

"I never liked him all that much. He gave off weird vibes." English commented.

"Did he not ever think to consider that maybe it was him who couldn't reproduce?" Rose raised an eyebrow. "Because as far as I'm concerned with Bales and reproduction, there are no issues at hand. If anything you people reproduce too much." She gave a pointed look Kim's way.

Aunt Kim smirks. "I had three children, so what? It's not all that bad!"

"One's a week younger than your first grandchild, Mother." Giselle pointed out and Kim shrugs indifferently.

"Mom! Tell her I don't want to play with dolls!"

Speak of the tyrant.

My cousin, Wyatt, came running into the room. His onyx hair was a windswept mess and his pale cheeks were rosy, the mahogany shirt he wore was rumpled and his khaki pants were streaked with grass stains. He was definitely the wild Bales child. Talon had been boyish but he was quiet and calm for the most part, Giselle as well. However Wyatt was giving my dear Aunt and Uncle a run for their money.

Calla was close on his heels, her gray eyes narrowed in determination. "Stop being such a baby, Wyatt!" She growled, causing the emerald eyed boy to spin around to face her.

"I'm not a baby, you brat!" He spat out, causing Kim to roll her eyes as she downed the rest of her glass before pulling him towards her.

"Love, being an ill mannered tyrant won't get you anywhere in life. Spend time with Calla and be a gentleman. And stop rolling in the dirt. You'd think I'd raised you in a pig pin." She told Wyatt, who pouted as she straightened out his clothing and brushed his hair back with her fingers. She gave a desperate look towards his pants before shaking her head.

"Yeah, Wyatt, be a gentleman." Calla mocked behind him and he threw her a glare over his shoulder.

"Calla," Rose gave her a stern look and she tucked her chin before mumbling a small, "sorry."

"Go play and be nice to one another." Kim told the two before they nodded and ran off with one another, Calla shoving Wyatt into the door frame on their way out of the living room.

Not even a second later Calla began to scream before it drifted off when they ran outside, the back door slamming shut in the process.

Both Rose and Kim gave an exasperated sigh.

"Lord help if this baby turns out like those too Heathens." Rose threw her head back and Kim hummed.

"I wouldn't hold my breath." She muttered causing Rose to groan lightly.

"My advice? Don't have them." Kim looks to me, English, Melissa, and Giselle.

Giselle snorts. "Seeing as I don't have a problem with running off men, I'd say that's no problem."

Kim gave her a motherly look whilst I can't help but snort before taking a sip of my wine.

"I love wine too much to care for having a little one right now." I tell them and English nods.

"Preach!" She exclaims, throwing back her glass.

Rose gives her a look before shaking her head.

"You and Oliver can't even commit to marriage, so no surprise there." She tells her and English rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, well me and Oliver aren't even a thing anymore."

"Pardon?" Melissa choked on her wine.

"What the hell?" Kim snapped.

"Since when?" Rose exclaimed.

"Do I need to chop off his dick?" Giselle asked, all too happy with the thought.

English shook her head. "No. His dick can stay. He just told me how I wasn't fit to be a wife or mother and so I told him to shove it and that I was over it."

"Oh, honey, I'm so sorry." Rose frowned and everyone voiced their sorries before. Well, almost everyone.

"I say good riddance." I can't help but say, Giselle raising her now empty glass in agreement.

"Agreed!"

English smiles at us. "I love you, assholes."

"Love you." We laugh lightly before Rose turns her hawk eyes my way.

"Now, back to you."