i. seraphina

i. seraphina
stable boys!

THE BRUNETTE GIRL FOUND HERSELF IN THE STABLES, not long after her family - except herself, her mother and Ambrose (whom their father had almost insisted he stay) - left Winterfell

THE BRUNETTE GIRL FOUND HERSELF IN THE STABLES, not long after her family - except herself, her mother and Ambrose (whom their father had almost insisted he stay) - left Winterfell. Seraphina was almost glad. Watching her two sisters argue was tedious and taxing, not to mention that it was always near impossible to resolve their conflicts. Of course, she'd miss them, she adored her sisters both individually. But being with them in the midst of a row was overwhelming, to say the least.

She had been sat with her Lady mother and Lady Stark about an hour prior. Adorella Salem was a beautiful woman, Seraphina only dreamed that she could one day share her beauty - though many may say she already did. And she wished she could have Lady Stark's lovely red Tully hair as her son and daughter did, though she was happy with the features she inherited from her own mother.

Now, Seraphina simply wanted to be alone for a while, so she found solace with the horses. They were delightful beings and horses could not judge her for her expressed thoughts or opinions - therefore, she preferred to talk to the horses rather than to the people. She, like Ambrose, sometimes preferred the silence. They found comfort in it.

She'd known the Starks ever since she was a child but she still kept to herself, not wanting to bother anybody and only speaking to Sansa. The oldest Stark, however, along with his best friend and his half-brother always tried to talk to the Salem girl. Seraphina wasn't unapproachable like Persephone or charismatic like Odessa. She was just different and it seemed as if she even tried to be invisible. But Robb and Theon could be intimidating. Jon was a different story, he looked as though he couldn't harm a fly. It upset her to see Northerners - and even the Greyjoy - teasing Jon for him being a bastard. It wasn't his fault that that's how he was born. She knew that well from watching Cassian be insulted by Persephone.

"The horses can't talk back, y'know." A gruff, Northern accent called out to her. Looking up from where she was stroking the mane of a chestnut-coloured horse, Robb seemed sure of himself as usual when he made his way over to where she stood.

Embarrassed from being caught, Seraphina's face flushed pink. He probably had plenty of things to hold against her now, after finding her talking to an animal instead of finding something worthwhile to do.

Gesturing towards the horses, "It's alright, I'll leave you to talk to your friends." A cheeky grin splashed across his face, watching as her embarrassment deepened. He was much different to his half-brother, Jon, she believed. Seraphina remembered times, when her family last visited Winterfell or when they'd come to the Obsidian Isles, as a child she'd find refuge in the stables and Jon would approach her with that nervous glint in those chocolate eyes of his. She remembered the steely looks that Lady Stark would throw him - angered at the bitter reminder of her husband's adultery living among her own children. Lady Stark was probably happy that he had left for the Night's Watch. Seraphina certainly wouldn't admit it - especially not to his face - but once upon a time, she'd had a thing for the bastard child of Lord Eddard Stark.