Chapter 9- Return Of Satin

“I am so going to see that,” I said to the girls, referring to the ad for Annabelle.

“I’m out,” Jezzy said.

“You big baby,” Carolyn teased.

“I don’t like scary movies,” she pouted then took another bite of her pizza slice.

“You’re perfectly fine to watch them when Ashton’s around,” I teased making her shove me.

“You and Luke just suck each other’s faces off the whole time”

“Not the whole time. We have to breath you know,” I said making us all laugh.

“Still. You’re both too chicken to take it further,” I kept silent and averted my gaze as I took a bit. “No,” she said, a smile starting to lift her lips. “No,” she repeated.

“We…may have”

“When?”

“The night before he left,” I murmured, causing her and Carolyn to squeal and clutch my arms.

“My Lacy’s all grown up,” she said, holding my cheek to her chest.

“Get your boobs out of my face!” I demanded.

“Lacy and Lucas sitting in a tree. F-U-C-K-I-N-G,” all three girls chanted and I felt my cheeks heat up.

“Shut up! My dad doesn’t know”

“But Lillian does?” Francesca asked.

“Yes now shh!” I scolded.

Just as I turned my attention back to the TV, which was playing GBF, the phone rang.

“I got it!” I shouted, throwing my pizza slice down and grabbed the phone from the dock that sat on the table behind the couch. “Hello?”

“Hello. My name is Demarco Connors and I’m after a Mr. Christian Scott,” the extremely deep voice told me.

“That’s my dad. What is this about?” I asked, sliding down so I was sitting on the couch. 

“May I please just speak to him?”

“Sure thing Mister,” I said then got up. “Give me a sec,” I told him then started up the stairs. “Mr. Christian Scott, I require your assistance on taking this phone call,” I said after I barged into his bedroom.

He gestured for my to give him the phone so I walked to the side of the bed he was in and handed it over. I waltzed out of the room and down the steps again before joining the girls.

“Who was it?” Jezzy asked.

“Hello. My name is Demarco Connors and I’m after a Mr. Christian Scott,” I imitated the man and the girls asked.

“What’d he want?” Carolyn asked.

“I don’t know. Just asked for my dad,” I shrugged.

“Maybe your dad’s a gigolo,” Jezzy joked but I just rolled my eyes.

“I don’t think so. He sounded very uptight and important. If that makes sense”

“I heard Chris’s heavy foot steps and when I turned around I saw that he had one of his hands on his head and the phone in the other. “What happened?” I asked.

He went to speak but nothing came out, “Lacy,” Lillian spoke. “We need to have a talk as a family. I’m sorry for this girls but it’s just really, really important,” Lillian said.

“It’s fine,” Jezzy said with a smile as the girls got up.

“We should all hang out tomorrow,” Carolyn suggested.

“Yeah. I’ll meet your girls at the park by Seven Eleven. Alright?” I said, nerves starting to envelope my whole body.

“My mum said she could give you a lift Carolyn,” Jezzy told her.

“Thanks,” she said.

“Bye,” the four girls smiled then exited via the front door.

“Markus,” Lillian called.

“Yeah?”

“Could you come down here please?” I heard a groan then his tiny footsteps from above.

“Come and sit at the bench,” Lillian told me so I followed.

Chris was already in the kitchen, a glass of water in front of him on the bench, “what’s going on?” Markus asked as we sat on the stools.

“What’s going on dad?” I asked.

He used one his hands to move his hair from his face and I saw him tug it slightly, “something…big has come up”

“Who was on the phone dad?” I asked.

“His name is Demarco Connors and he’s our lawyer,” he explained.

“Why did our lawyer call?” Markus asked.

It was silent as he and Lillian exchanged looks, “dad?” I encouraged.

“Your mother’s been released from prison and she wants you two back,” he said, my heart sinking to my feet.