Chapter Fourteen

Nismat's POV

Staying in school without your friends is one of the most difficult part of school life- I mean friends are the reason we love school right?. I can't deny it I seriously missed those idiot's.

A heap of workload have been on me through out the beginning of the semester, my project got cancelled after my supervisor left  for a course. The new supervisor I was given specialized in MRI so I had to change topic.I have been battling with the new topic and looking for some assistance.

It was  too sunny today and in other to avoid the scorching Sun, I settled on  the bench by the theatre ward's reception,scrolling my phone in my milk colour abaya with coffee brown stones and flowers- looking as flawless as ever.

" Nismat" a soothing voice called from behind, a voice I will always remember even in my deep slumber -it was none other than Aliyu- "jaan" I answered with a smile that curved on my cheeks " yes Amor,what a surprise what are you doing here?" ," I am here for some work and I saw you, are here for your clinical post?" he asked showing his sparkling teeth how I love that smile  "No am waiting for Rad Sadiq to help me through with my project " we continued chatting with Aliyu until it was time for Zuhr I called Rad sadiq for the night up with some work and we should meet after zuhr. We left for the masjid and later Cafeteria for lunch.

                **************
The buzzing of my phone woke me up from my slumber I dozed off due to stress after praying Asr"Hello " I picked without even checking the caller ID 'matuuu how are you' the person on the other side of the phone speak ,a voice I could recognize even in the crowd "Billy am not fine,this man is making my life a living hell- can you believe it I am redoing my project right from chapter one wallahi am losing it" I rants in one breathe 'take it easy hun, I trust you on these you can do it remember you are our first class la la'   "first class kee you there" I was beginning to feel  agitated  " okay so why are you calling   your call just woke me up from a sweet-stressful slumber " - ' babe relax okay everything would be fine wait your sleeping at this time. No wonder you are this angry,well I saw some beautiful materials today and I thought I should tell you to send money ,it would make a beautiful dinner gown for our attestation'  " okay, how much are we talking about " because I trust bilkisu when it comes to fashion especially now that she is in Lagos, she knows much about fabrics and what suits and what doesn't.
'its five thousand naira per yard, it comes in 3,4 or 5 yards so according to your need am taking 5yards because am tall,so is hayrat because she's plump and you smally I think 3 would do you' I could hear her evil grin through the phone " toh manya mata, am not that small so I prefer 4 yards, I will tranfer the money immediately" 'good girl include transport fare ooo because am not your messenger' she laughs " ka ji ja'ira bazan tura ba"  I hanged the call,it was already magrib so I made intentions to perform ablution.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

The ride was bumpy but it was a blissful one I must admit, it worth every pain every sacrifice and every stress we went through. we are counting few weeks to finish our degree program maybe 5-6 and rounding up our projects,making neccessary corrections.

All the pressure was now gone all thanks to Rad sadiq and Engr Uwais - I learnt to call his name through the time we spent while he was guiding me through the whole project.

The memories of those moments still fresh In my brain.  When Rad sadiq introduced us at first i really find him annoying because of our first encounter well as they say 'first impression becomes your main impression' but I must say you can make an impression apart from your first one-exactly what Uwais did .with time we grew to like each others company, we discuss everything and nothing when we are together.

How can I forget how he tells me a lot about his fiancee fatima he would ask "Nismat what do you think about Fatima?I mean you now that yo know me do you really think she is the right girl for me to marry?...

Even though I never understood why he was paranoid about all this,maybe it is because she's always in that her classic girl mood,or the fact that she is a great fashionista or maybe his friends and brother thinks he shows are too much affection that is why she takes him for granted, she knows he can never show her his anger because his love for her is a do or die affairs, I envy this his pure and golden type of love Fatima is really lucky to have such kind of love showered on to her.

"Hamma  uwais-a name I have grown to call him - You know finding true love is hard these days ask me and I will tell you, and that's the kind of love you have for her,love makes people weak but it also gives you strength, if you would ask me there is nothing wrong with fatima she's just doing all that as per the classy girl she i- remember she comes from a big family with both royalty and riches -saikuma jan ajinmu na mata - Apart from that she is kind at heart and you wouldn't want to loose such a great chef as a wife" I winked.

"Toh achchi you have never cooked for us ooo or is it only your future husband that is entitled to taste it,well I have to admit your the best when it comes to pastries my very own favorite caterer" he smiled

I became their relationship adviser anytime they ask me about my relationship i shrugged it off, and say coaches don't play.Ever since i saw Aliyu's invitation card i lost hope in love infact it was as if  the energy was drained from me,it didn't bother me to even confront him I just took it as Qadr what ever happens, happens for the best.