Chapter Sixteen

Uwais's POV

I have been finding it difficult to get a gift for my newly found friend,its been stressing me up,I mean I am not the type that knows what to give as gift so I find it easier to just give out money, well with Fatima this would have been easy I would just transfers cash into her account and she will send me a lovely text showing her appreciation,she always find things I brought for not her liking so I stopped it -But this is all different we are talking about Nismat here a girl who doesn't measure love with monetry value, she always says "What ever you would give a person just make sure you attach love to it because love beautify everything " . I have grown to like her so much that I remember her words in everything I do, we spent alot of time doing many things that I remember her almost every hour of my day,while eating, working, relaxing and she's invaded my dreams this few weeks.

I was now out for lunch with Sadiq,I made a decision to ask him about the gift choice even though he has been suspecting me falling in love with her but No I can't fall in love with another girl when I still have Fatima my Zahrah she is truly my star,the fact that i find nismat attractive doesn't mean she is upto replacing Her ,maybe it's just that we have things in common with nismat more than fatima or the fact that she is such a nice,Innocent and intelligent soul.

"Sadiq I want to ask you a question " as we were waiting for our orders to arrive I decide to bring up the question.

"Since when did you start asking for my permission to ask me a question "he raised his eyebrow typical Nigerian answering question with question.

"well,its about nismat she sent me an invitation via SMS to her induction and I have been thinking of a perfect gift for her you know  I am not good at these kind of things please advise me what to get for her" I could see a smirk on his face but I care less am being serious so I pretend to not see it.

"You know her right atleast a little about her so you should be able to figure out what she will like "

"That is why I am confused, she isn't a makeup fan I would have brought a kit of makeup for her,I hardly see her eating chocolate so that is also out of question,i cant buy her bakery equipment because its obvious she has already has it since she do pastries as a business already, am so confused " I huffed

"it seems your really out of options huh,but what about Books she reads right "It seems we are making progress.

"Yes I remember she really love books,so am buying books for her when we discuss Islamic issues she's a diehard for Fiqh jurisprudence, so I will buy fiqh books from smaller ones to the bigger ones and perfumes mostly those with flower scents I figured she uses them a lot" our orders have already arrived and we were diving into our meals

"I told you, you love this girl but you refuse to admit, look at how you listed her likes and dislikes, you even noticed her scent something I haven't done despite knowing her for almost 3years,the sooner you realize the better "

there he goes again I thought " I have told you a countless time and I will repeat myself again I don't love her ..like yes but love no I am engaged to my Zarah and you of all people know how much I love that girl"

"Okay, but if fatima isn't in the picture am sure you would not waste a minute to make her your wife"he throws another question and as much as I don't want to admit he is right but I dare not loud it he will torment me with it .

"Sadiq your food is getting  cold and I have work to finish before the end of the day, so finish up and stop blabbering nonsense "I dismissed the topic because I don't want to talk about it any further.

***~***

I settled on buying her abayas I mean all women love abayas so I brought two a black one and the other one her favorite color blue and two book on fiqh.

we arrived at the event a little bit late after they have been inaugurated so it's a time there was a lot of crowd supporting the graduates
and,congratulating them on this great achievement.

I sight her in admist of the crowd i can't help but admire how beautiful the gown looks on,her if beauty was a living soul it would definitely be her ,the way she smiles and glows of happiness you would think she has never known sadness in her life well i think maybe she has really never known it. She looks so aesthetic.

I approached her and congratulated her Rad Nismat so its finally official she smiled and thank me for the gift.

sleep divorced me that night for every blink of my thoughts was occupied by Nismat indeed I have fallen in love with her and engaged with Zarah how do I get myself out of this mess I thought.

If you enjoy it press the orange button.
Don't forget to drop a comment.