Ancano x Reader

I sighed and leaned against the giant magic pool in the center of the Hall of Elements. Ancano saw me and looked at me curiously.

"Y/n, are you paying attention?" Tolfdir asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Com'on, Tolf. We already learned this fifteen times already. Do we really need another lesson?" Tolfdir sighed.

"Fine, just stand over there, and show what you've learned." I did as so and held up my hands. A bright force field surrounded me, and I lowered my hands. But, what Tolfdir didn't really tell me, was he was going to test me.

"T-Tolfdir, wait-" I was hit by a fireball to the face, and I fell back.

"Y/n!" Tolfdir ran by my said, as well as Ancano. The students watched in horror.

"Did our professor just hit a student?" One student asked another. Drama and rumors started.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry, I thought you were going to hold up your shield." Tolfdir explained. I coughed and groaned.

"It hurts, but I'm fine.." I said.

"Ancano, bring her to the recovery room, please." Ancano nodded and picked me up. I gasped at the sudden movement.

"A-Are you really alright?" Ancano asked, a tint of red covering his pale face. I coughed up blood and showed him the blood on my arm from coughing, and glared.

"Oh my. Lyra, please, help her. She got hit by a fireball on accident and is coughing up blood. Please..." Ancano placed me gently on the medical bed, and Lyra gasped at my face. It was ash colored, and red vein-like things were covered it. 

"I'll do my best." She cleaned my wound and I winced at the sudden cold, strong, and stingy substance. I grabbed Ancano's hand quickly, as he was about to leave. He hummed in response to my hand.

"A-Ancano...could you stay...?" I asked. He looked down at the floor, and furrowed his brows, then looked at me without turning his head. 

"I..suppose I could." He turned around completely, and sat in a chair beside me.

"Okay, that's good, I needed your help anyway," Lyra said, "could you move her hair out of her face?"

"Sure." Ancano's cold fingers made their way to my forehead, where my hair fell in front of my eyes, and my injury. He gently moved my silky locks out of the way.

"Great, thank you." Lyra said. 

"Of course." Lyra then, without warning, stabbed a needle into my wound, injecting some medicine. I was about to scream, but then Ancano gave me an encouraging smile.

"It's alright. This will help you." He whispered. I closed my eyes and found myself in another world.

~

"She's still asleep." Ancano told Tolfdir. Tolfdir sighed and nodded.

"When she wakes up, could you give her this letter? It's my apologies." Tolfdir said, handing Ancano the letter.

"Sure." Tolfdir left, and I woke up. Ancano smiled.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better...It still hurts, though." I touched the fabric that covered my injury. Ancano cupped my other cheek and smiled at me, then brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"What's that?" I asked, looking at the paper.

"Oh, from Tolfdir." Ancano gave me the paper, and I read it out loud.

'ꂡꏹꁲꋪ, ꂵꂖ ꂡꏹꁲꋪ ꌚꋖꌈꂡꏹꋊꋖ ꀤ ꂡꀤꂡ ꋊꁏꋖ ꂵꏹꁲꋊ ꋖꁏ ꂡꁏ ꋖꀍꁲꋖ ꋖꁏ ꂖꁏꌈ, ꀤ ꀍꁏꉣꏹ ꂖꁏꌈ ꌈꋊꂡꏹꋪꌚꋖꁲꋊꂡ. ꀤ ꁲꂵ ꋖꋪꌈ꒒ꂖ ꌚꁏꋪꋪꂖ, ꋖꀍꏹꋪꏹꄙꁏꋪꏹ ꁍꀤꃴꀤꋊꁍ ꂖꁏꌈ 600 ꁍꁏ꒒ꂡ. ꀤꄙ ꂖꁏꌈ ꂡꁏꋊ'ꋖ ꄙꁏꋪꁍꀤꃴꏹ ꂵꏹ, ꀤ ꅐꁏꋊ'ꋖ ꁲꌚꈵ ꂖꁏꌈ ꋖꁏ ꂡꏹꂵꁏꋊꌚꋖꋪꁲꋖꏹ ꁲꋊꂖꋖꀍꀤꋊꁍ ꄙꁏꋪ ꋖꀍꏹ ꇃ꒒ꁲꌚꌚ. 

~ꋖꁏ꒒ꄙꂡꀤꋪ' I started to tear up. Was he really that sorry? It was just an accident. I forgave him, didn't I?

"He really cares about his students, doesn't he?" Ancano said, taking a seat next to me on the bed.

"Yeah,..." I picked up the coin purse and threw it across the room.

"Why'd you do that?" 

"I'm not accepting gold from sorrow." I said. Ancano stared at me.

"You realize that was 600 gold pieces...?" 

"Yes." Ancano shifted so he was shoulder to shoulder with me. I grabbed his hand and smiled slightly.

"Why do you always grab my hand?" Ancano asked me, with his brows furrowed. I grinned.

"Because I know stuff you don't."

"What?"

"Shh." I said. Ancano had a very confused look for a good while.

"I still don't understa-

"I said shhh!"

"Well."

"Do you forgive him?" Ancano tried to take his mind off whatever the heck I meant.

"I guess. I mean, it was my fault. I lowered my shield too early, and got hit. My fault. Though, he did fail to tell me that he'd be actually testing my skills." I sighed.

"I wouldn't forgive him if I were you." I looked at his yellow eyes.

"Why not?" Ancano shifted so he was laying down.

"He hurt you. Badly. You're going to have a scar on your cheek because of him." Ancano pointed to my cheek and had a furious expression. 

"It wasn't intentional..." I tried to reassure.

"What if it was?"

"Then um... Uh....." Ancano intertwined our fingers.

"You see now why I wouldn't accept it." He said, sighing.

"I do." I laid down and snuggled into his arm. He smiled.

"You know it's wrong to do this with the adviser, right?" He whispered.

"Don't care...just...." I yawn and closed my eyes. Ancano snuggled up more against me, and rested his chin on my head. I smiled and nuzzled his chest.

"You really want to snuggle with your adviser?"

"Yes." I mumbled. He smirked and gently kissed the top of my head.

"I really want to, also." He kissed my good cheek, then trailed kissed down my face until he reached my jawbone. I turned my head and kissed Ancano on the lips. He smiled and kissed back.

"I've been waiting for that kiss for over a year." Ancano said.

"Me too." He gently stroked my cheek and snuggled into me. Soon, we both fell asleep.

~

Tolfdir walked into the room, curious if Ancano did give me the letter.

"What the-"

944 words~! <3