It's Finally Happening

Jungkook

I wake up feeling tired and numb. And to make it even worse, you've just texted me you possibly can't come over today because you're "busy". That's just great. Taehyung's bed is empty and made up, just like it always is when I wake up. He really has his shit together, huh? I guess I'm too much of a mess for him to be a messy roommate, too.

I run a hand through my hair and walk towards the kitchen, where breakfast is already waiting for me. Taehyung always makes me breakfast. I think it's his way of trying to make me feel better. I appreciate it. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably forget to eat anything at all.

Taehyung

I get up extra early this morning and make my bed before walking towards the kitchen. I quickly eat a bowl of cereal and start making your breakfast, just as I do every single day. It's my way of making up for everything. I know it's not nearly enough, but for now, it's the best I can do. I tiptoe to the bedroom door and open it just so I can see you; breathing peacefully and sound asleep. You look so soft and maybe even happy, but that will all be gone once you wake up. I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I wish I could do more to make you feel loved, to finally make you happy.

Jungkook

I skipped dance practice because of you. You wore me out mentally and I couldn't handle going outside. I don't blame you, or rather, I can't. I love you too much to be able to hold anything against you. Once I was done staring at our most recent photos, I went to bed again, hoping to dream of a better world in which you and I are happy and apart.

I wake up to a loud knock at the door and I immediately know who's there. Taehyung and the other members always knock softly or use their key. You don't, even though I gave you my spare. But I don't care. You're here when you said you couldn't make it, and for now, that's all that matters. I rush to the door and open it, smiling widely because you came. Your expression is the opposite, which worries me. Is it finally happening?

Taehyung

I search my pockets for my key. Empty. I search through my bag, finding the banana milk I bought for you. Maybe I'm not able to cook your favourite dinner, but at least I can bring you your favourite drink. I find the key at the bottom of my leather bag, and just as I reach to open the door I hear her yelling. Is it finally happening? I place my ear to the door, but she's talking so fast I can't make out anything but a slur of hurtful words. I try to hear past her shouts and look for you, any sign of you. I wish I hadn't. Your heartbreaking sobs fill my ears and my head and my heart. I can't take it, so I put my hands over my ears and slide down along the wall. I'll wait for her to leave. And then finally, before you can do anything rash and stupid, I may hold you just as tight as I've been wanting to for the past two years.