Without Her

Jungkook

The second you walk in you start yelling. I try to listen to what you're saying, but you're talking so fast. All I heard was we're over, and it keeps ringing in my ears. We're over. We're over. We're finally over. I break down. You continue to yell. I don't even understand why you're mad. I'm not speaking up, I'm accepting everything you say because I could never disagree with you. I knew this was coming from the day we started dating. I expected it so much sooner and I've been waiting for it for so long. But now that it's actually happening, I can't help but cry. I don't want us to be over. I don't know how to live without you. You are my life, my everything, but I know we need to be apart. We're no match. We've never been. I think I might just end it all once you're gone. I think my only reason for living was to be one of your puppets. I handed you all my strings, and you willingly took them and played with me until you got tired, which was right now.

And then you turn around and stride out the door. I know I'll never see you again.

Taehyung

She walks past me without sparing me a glance. She never really did look at me. I don't even think she ever truly looked at you. If she had, she would've treated you better. So, so much better. I hold the door before it slams shut and find you in the living room, standing in front of the couch. The sight is more heartbreaking than the loud sobs escaping your lips. Your puffy and bloodshot eyes stare straight into mine, and you break down even more. You were about to collapse, so I run over and pull you into my arms, holding you so tight your chest is forced to stop shaking and your shoulders unable to heave. I pour all the love I've been bottling up into this hug, as it might be the only one I'll ever get. I just hope it's enough. Enough to make up for all your pain. I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I'm so sorry this is all I can do for you.

Then you wrap your arms around my back and place your head on my shoulder.

Jungkook

As soon as you've run out of my life, Taehyung steps into the living room and looks at me the way you never have. I've been so, so stupid. And so, so blind. I tear up even more and for a second I lose my balance. I prepare myself to hit the ground, but two arms catch me and force me back up, pulling me into the realest hug I've ever had. Maybe I won't do anything rash. Maybe I'll try to be less stupid. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to live without you.