Chapter 12

It was seven pm.

"Are you ready?", Noel asked. I nodded.

We both walked out of the house and started walking into the night. "Where are you taking me?", I asked curiously. He only replied, "You'll see."

I followed him quietly.

The moonbeam struck Noel, lighting him up. His bulging muscular body could be seen through the thin sweater that he was wearing, and I had a sudden urge to explore them with my bare hands. His hair was ruffled by the slight breeze that was blowing and he looked so angelic that suddenly my heart began to race a bit faster than normal.

Ughhh! This weird man was seriously messing up my mind. And heart.

Noel led me towards a small wood. "Ummm...what are we doing in this jungle?", I asked. "Patience, Jake", he smiled. My heart did a cartwheel, somersault and high-jump all at once when my name escaped his divine lips. Ooohhh, those luscious pink lips...so kissable.

Wait - ugghhh!

Surprisingly, we passed through the wood and Noel blindfolded me with his hands from behind just as we came out in the open.

"Wait", he whispered. We stood silently for a few seconds and then he slowly removed his hands from my eyes.

And the sight before me almost made me feel like I was in Paradise itself.

We were standing before a huge meadow full of small wild flowers. But the most fascinating thing were the million fireflies that lit up the entire field. The green luminous dots were floating around in the air, and one even was brave enough to rest on my shoulder.

In an enchanted trance, I slowly walked forward until I was standing in the middle of the meadow, surrounded by the beautiful green creatures. I felt Noel join me and I whispered in awe, "It's beautiful."

Noel's POV (finally!) :

I looked at the human beside me and I couldn't help but feel joy in my heart. His face was lit up with wonder and amazement and his eyes were twinkling as it reflected the green lights. A strange feeling of contentment, peace and happiness came over me.

"You're more beautiful", I couldn't stop myself from saying these words.

Jake looked at me with surprise and I noticed his ears turn red and hot. He looked so adorable and pure, as if he was an angel and not me.

"Noel", he whispered and his voice felt like a sweet melody on my ears. My breath hitched and my heart began thrashing around inside my chest. But it felt so pleasant.

Was this what God wanted me to see? To feel? He wanted me to realise that Love exists and that it was the most powerful thing in the whole universe. Was this love? Did I love this beautiful and kind mortal standing beside me?

As if of it's own will, my arms slowly rose up and cupped his face. I could feel Jake's heart pounding against his chest. Did he feel what I was feeling? Did he feel happy whenever I was with him? Did he want to kiss me like I wanted right now?

Only one way to find out...

To be continued in the next chapter!

=D