Chapter 13

Jake's pov again :

My heartbeat increased enormously when Noel held my face in his hands. A tingling sensation ran up and down my spine and I shivered, but it had nothing to do with cold.

Noel slowly leaned forward, and I couldn't help imitating his action. And then I felt it. I felt his lips come in contact with mine. He tasted so sweet and lips were so soft. I couldn't get enough. Our lips moved together gently as we savoured each other.

Even though my heart was beating in an abnormal pace, I felt strangely calm and content. I felt happy, complete and satisfied as if I had finally found a long long treasure that I had been looking for.

And in that blissful moment, the realisation finally dawned upon me that I was in love with this weird and wonderful man. I did not know anything about his past, but I was in his present and I would do everything to be a part of his future. Because I loved him, and I would continue to do so for eternity.

None of us said anything aloud as we walked back home, but we both knew that a great amount of change had come between us. For good.

But would this last forever? Or would it just disappear after a while?

Sorry for the short length of the chapter. Keep reading :) And if you haven't, please check out my short story titled VICTIM that I have entered for a contest. Thanks! ♥