pt 1

"Hey, this is Maria Ross. Hope you're doing very well in the hospital, Denny. Sadly, I can't be there because of some personal issues with my family but maybe I can go visit you tomorrow, I'll try at least. Anyways, leave me a callback. Thanks, goodbye." 

*click*

Maria lays on her bed, covering herself in a blanket. Denny has been in the hospital for 2 weeks ever since he been shot in his leg during the promised day. It worried Maria, the same way it worried Denny when he and everybody thought Maria was dead.

"Maria? Are you okay? You haven't left your room in 2 days." Her mom says, entering her room, laying on her bed.
"No..." Maria says, laying her face into her pillow.
"Why not?"
"I'm worried about Denny. . ."
"You have a crush on him! That's it!"
Maria looked at her mother with a straight face.
"That wasn't even funny or accurate, Mom. I don't like Denny, I like him only as a friend!"
"You're only telling yourself that. Just admit it."
"I don't like him like that!"
"Come on, Maria. Denny has been your friend since you were a kid. That's how I and your dad met."
"Maybe I don't want to be like you and dad...and meet someone else for a change, if I can..."
"I hope you! Get yourself a nice and loyal man!"

Man, Man, Man, Men.  The word made Maria sick to the stomach. She didn't Men or any other boy that appeared in her life. Men weren't and would never be her type. Women were rather prettier and nicer to Maria and they were the ones who knew what to do and do it at the right moment.

"Oh...I'll like to be alone for a few minutes..."
"Okay, dear. Your breakfast is downstairs."
"Thank you..."
Her mother leaves her room, quickly, Maria grabs her notebook from her dresser. The notebook was filled up with her gay thoughts and crushes. She turns to a page that she remembers from a few days ago.

List of my crushes (I'll never have enough guts to confess to them but ya know, crushes right.)
1. hawkeye = I never had enough guts to actually say I like her but she's probably straight. UPDATE: Yup, she's straight.
2. Olivier = I'm just asking for my arm to get chopped off.
UPDATE: I guess I'm wrong for saying that Hawkeye is straight because I just found out that they are dating. perfect.
3. Rebecca = she's a crazy party girl but damn, does she have curves. I mean, she's kinda gay but she's isn't.
UPDATE: she's straight, dating havoc.
UPDATE: oh, nevermind. just broke up with havoc because a woman was flirting with her. I wonder if she's a bi-sexual...

UPDATE: yes! I have a chance!
UPDATE: she has rejected me. :( I feel hurt. social anxiety sucks.
4. hawkeye, again = so, her girlfriend is now in Briggs so...i can't just start flirting with her.
UPDATE: oh, f***, she's back. nevermind, nevermind.
note to self, stop crushing on Hawkeye.
5.

The military didn't have enough women for Maria to make a number 5 or at least, the military didn't want more women.  Maria turns another page of her notebook, it was a letter that wasn't finished.

dear. 

"Never even finished the letter..."
"Maria! Come downstairs now!"
"Coming!"

*Sheska

"SHESKA! YOU NEED TO DO YOUR JOB AND STOP READING BOOKS ALL THE TIME!"
Sheska jumps from her book, the yelling made her nervous and anxious. 
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! J-just no one came up t-to me a-and I-I was off d-duty a-and-"
"Stop rambling! Just go back to work!"
"Y-yes!"
Sheska picks up the books and places them back on the shelf. 
"Worthless, worthless, worthless!" Sheska mumbled to herself.
"Excuse me?"
"O-oh yes...sorry! I was just picking up books and..."
"It's okay! Do you have any good books that I can read?"
"..."
"I'm not letting you own the library..."
The man tilted his head in confusion.
"W-what...?"
"J-just...um...I didn't say that...I would recommend the books in the young adult section. They are good."
"Okay...now I'm looking for a dense book."
"...dense..."
"I would recommend the books in the young adult section...again."
"Now, I'm looking for the worse book that was ever made."
"..."
"T-the young adult section..."
"WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THE YOUNG ADULT SECTION?!"
"I'M SORRY, SIR! I didn't mean to!"
"LET ME TALK TO THE MANAGER!"
"T-the manager isn't here..."
"THEY LET A FOOLISH GIRL LIKE YOU HAVE A JOB AT THE LIBRARY! LOOK AT YOURSELF! YOU CAN'T EVEN SAY WORDS PROPERLY!"
"I-I'm sorry!"
"STOP APOLOGIZING! SOMEONE CAN SAY ONE OF THE MOST MERCILESS THINGS AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE SORRY FOR IT!"
"B-but...I'm sorry for the situation I put you in! I r-really need to get back to work! Y-you, see...I have a mother in the hospital and I need to support her in any other way!" 
"NOBODY CARES!"
"Can y-you whisper...?"
"NO! I'M THE CUSTOMER AND YOU'RE THE EMPLOYEE!"
"If you're not going to whisper, please leave."
"I'M LEAVING!"
"Again...sorry..."
Sheska bends downs to grab another book to put up then sits down and takes out her notebook.