Episode 47: Drink Up

Episode 47: D r i n k  U p

My life in this mansion continues to grow colder and sadder. I feel so lonely each day that goes by and it's driving me insane that there's nothing I can do by myself for myself. I'm just wallowing in my self-pity inside these four walls like it's become a daily routine. Even if I do get stronger, say I learn how to fight, or I manage to be on par with V, there's one thing I couldn't still do.

Stop his demon.

And until then, I didn't feel like I deserved to feel that way about him either.

I know V didn't mean to do it. I know he doesn't mean to be a jerk on purpose. I mean, no one really wakes up and plots how they'll piss off everyone around them. I knew that. But still, there's so much I could carry before I start to feel suffocated by all of this. Until when will I  have to live thinking that this would be the moment he snapped and killed us all? How was this any different from how I used to live on my own? It sucked. And it sucked even more because when things got this bad I thought of him.

Jimin.

The traitor.

How could he leave me behind with only a stupid bracelete? If I ever see him again, I won't forg—

My thoughts were cut short. A knock came from the door but I honestly didn't feel like getting up and answering anyone. Especially if it's the wrong brother. I wasn't ready to face V and once I heard who it was I was relieved it wasn't him. Yet again, I kind of expected it to not be him. Since when did he come knocking and admitting his wrongdoings? No, that'd be unnatural. That's more of Jimin's job.

"Hanul?" Jin's voice came from the other side. Even though it wasn't V, I was still surprised that he would be the one to knock on my door. Jin usually minimized business with me.

Sera was sleeping again. She fell asleep so suddenly after I scolded her, I didn't even get a chance to bond with her. It's been so long since I talked with her and I felt even more terrible now that I think about how I've treated her all this time. She must've been lonely too.

"Are you not going to even shout back a reply?" His chirpy voice spoke up again.

"What is it," I mumbled, knowing how well his ears would pick it up.

"Well, open the door and I'll tell you what it is."

I looked up at the doorknob from the cradle of my knees and sighed, pushing the covers off me and standing up to open the door.

"Yes?" I looked up at his perky face. How was he always in such a care-free mood?

"Oh, you look...very..." an immediate rush of disappointment wavered over his face.

I rolled my eyes and got ready to shut the door again.

"Hold it!" He stopped it with his hand.

"What do you want. I'm sorry but I'm really not in the mood to handle your sarcasm."

"Would it kill you to enjoy life a little!" He scoffed. "Hurry up and change, we're going out."

I think it was my dumbfounded and confused glare that got him worked up.

"Clubbing! You know! Like the youth your age should be doing!"

"No." I lifted up my hand with rejection. "Definitely not at Lucifer's either. In fact, I want nothing to do with the supernatural for a whole day. Please."

"Well, that's going to be hard considering the fact that you're supernatural yourself." Well, he had a point there. "Besides, we're not going to Lucifer's. So relax. I'll take you to a normal club for once."