I Don't Make Promises I Might Break

Mary's POV
I woke up to Dean's phone ringing. I answered it. "Hello?" I asked waking up Dean and Sam. "Hello Mary." I heard Dad's voice. "Dad?" I asked the guys looked shocked. "Stop looking for me and hand the phone to Dean." Dad said. "Okay." I said and handed it to Dean. "Yes, sir okay... Mary get me a pen and paper." Dean said and I handed it to him. "Okay and Kara Jones, haven't seen her in a long time." Dean said chuckling. Soon Dean got off the phone. "Well we have a new case." Dean said we got our bags and got in the impala. Dean read over the names while Sam drove. "Alright, so, the names Dad gave us, they're all couples?" I asked. "Three different couples. All went missing." Dean said. "And they're all from different towns? Different states?" Sam asked. "That's right. You got Washington, New York, Colorado. Each couple took a road trip cross-country. None of them arrived at their destination, and none of them were ever heard from again." Dean said. "Well, it's a big country, Dean. They could've disappeared anywhere." Sam said. "Yeah, could've. But each one's route took 'em to the same part of Indiana. Always on the second week of April. One year after another after another." Dean said to us. "This is the second week of April." I said looking at the date on my phone. "Yep." Dean said. "So, Dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?" Sam asked. "Yahtzee. Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? All the different obits Dad had to go through? The man's a master. What are you doing?" Dean asked as Sam pulled over. "We're not going to Indiana." Sam's said. "We're not?" I asked. "No. We're going to California. Dad called from a payphone. Sacramento area code." Sam said. "Sam." Dean said to him. "Dean, if this demon killed Mom and Jess, and Dad's closing in, we've gotta be there. We've gotta help." Sam said. After Missouri and our old home we confirmed that mom did die in the house but was somehow brought back to life and had me. "Dad doesn't want our help." I said to Sam. "I don't care." Sam said. "He's given us an order." Dean said. "I don't care. We don't always have to do what he says." Sam said firmly. "Sam, Dad is asking us to work jobs, to save lives, it's important." Dean said. "Alright, I understand, believe me, I understand. But I'm talking one week here, man, to get answers. To get revenge." Sam said. "Alright, look, I know how you feel." Dean said. "Do you? How old were you when Mom died? Four? Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know how I feel?" Sam said in a tone only dad used when we brought up mom. "Dad said it wasn't safe. For any of us. I mean, he obviously knows something that we don't, so if he says to stay away, we stay away." Dean said. I sighed and took out my phone and found Kara's number and texted her.
Mary:Hey want to do a hunt in Indiana?
Kara:Sure but I heard of the case and am on a bus there right now.
I smiled. I saw Dean kick Sam out and Dean get in the drivers seat. "Sam's gonna hitchhike to California to find dad." Dean filled me in. I sighed we got to the bus stop I told him to stop at and Kara came off the bus, wow she hasn't changed one bit.

"Kara!" I yelled and we hugged after she got off the bus

"Kara!" I yelled and we hugged after she got off the bus. "Dean." Kara said and hugged Dean tightly. He smiled. "Hey Kara you look great." Dean said seeing her. "Yeah you to, so couples going missin'?" She asked. "Yeah the next one will be this second week in August." I said. "So I heard you had to fake your death." She said as we got in the impala he nodded Dean drove to a diner called Scotty's Diner. "Let us guess. Scotty." Kara said pointing to Scotty. Scotty "Yep." Scotty said. "Hi, my name's John Bonham, this is my wife Patty, and our daughter Zoë." Dean said. Did he just use the whole man's family? "Isn't that the drummer and his family from Led Zeppelin?" Scotty asked. Kara and I tried not laughing. "Wow. Good. Classic rock fan." Dean said awkwardly. "What can I do for you, John, Patty, and Zoë?" Scotty asked us. "I was wondering if, uh, you'd seen these people by chance." Dean said taking out the photos handing them to Scotty. "Nope. Who are they?" Scotty asked us. "Friends of ours. They went missing about a year ago. They passed through somewhere around here, and I've already asked around Scottsburg and Salem—." Kara said. "Sorry. We don't get many strangers around here." Scotty said and handed Dean the papers. Dean nodded nodded putting them away. "Scotty, you've got a smile that lights up a room, anybody ever tell you that?" I said smirking. He looked at me strangely. "Never mind. See you around." I said and walked to catch up with Kara and Dean. We got back in the car and drove to a gas station we handed the pictures to a young girl. "You sure they didn't stop for gas or something?" I asked her she shook her head. "Nope, don't remember 'em. You said they were friends of yours?" She asked us. "That's right." Dean said and Kara had her arm around me to make it be more believable I was her daughter. "Did the guy have a tattoo?" The woman asked coming downstairs with boxes. "Yes, he did." Kara said looking at the picture. "You remember? They were just married." The lady said to the girl. "You're right. They did stop for gas. Weren't here more than ten minutes." The girl said. "You remember anything else?" Dean asked. "I told 'em how to get back to the Interstate. They left town." The lady said. "Could you point us in that same direction?" I asked them they nodded and showed us we smiled and got in the car. We were driving when we heard a sound right next me. "What the hell?" I asked kinda scared. Dean turned on the EMF meter and it went like crazy. "Mae hold this." Dean said and the three of us and got out and walked around the orchard and saw an ugly Scarecrow. "Who puts a Scarecrow in the middle of on orchard?" I asked Kara she shrugged. "No clue, but at least it's ugly." Kara said making. "Dude, you're fugly." Dean said. I turned off the EMF meter. "Hey look at the hand is there a ladder around?" I asked. Dean moves a ladder near the scarecrow. I climbed up it and saw a tattoo design. "Dean hand me the missing person flyer." I said. "What Mae?" Kara asked. "The tattoo is the same one as Vince." I said to them coming down. "Well lets go." Dean said. We got back to the gas station and walked out. We saw the girl. "You're back." She said seeing us. "Never left." Dean said. "Still looking for your friends?"
She asked. We noticed Emily nameplate. "You mind fillin' her up there, Emily?" Dean asked as she grabbed the pump and put in the impala. "So, you grew up here?" Kara asked. "I came here when I was thirteen. I lost my parents. Car accident. My aunt and uncle took me in." Emily said. "They're nice people." I said. "Everybody's nice here." Emily said. "So, what, it's the, uh, perfect little town?" Dean asked. "Well, you know, it's the boonies. But I love it. I mean, the towns around us, people are losing their homes, their farms. But here, it's almost like we're blessed." Emily said. "Hey, you been out to the orchard? You seen that scarecrow?" Kara asked. "Yeah, it creeps me out." Emily said causing us to laugh. "Whose is it?" I asked her. "I don't know. It's just always been there." Emily said we nodded. "That your aunt and uncle's?" Dean asked about the garage. "Customer. Had some car troubles." Emily said. Oh please be just one person not a couple. "It's not a couple, is it? A guy and a girl?" Kara and I asked worried. Emily nodded. We walked in Scotty's diner. "Oh, hey, Scotty. Can I get two coffees, black? Oh, and some of that pie, too, while you're at it." We sat down next to the couple. "How ya doin'?" Dean asked they waved smiling. "Just passing through?" I asked them nicely. "Road trip." The girl said. "Hm. Yeah, us too." Kara said. Scotty came over to refill their cider. "I'm sure these people want to eat in peace." Scotty said. "Just a little friendly conversation. Oh, and that coffee, too, man. Thanks." Dean said and I stamped his foot to be nice since Scotty looked pissed and I'm not being banned from a diner. "So, what brings you to town?" Kara asked. "We just stopped for gas. And, uh, the guy at the gas station saved our lives." The girl said. We nodded. "Is that right?" Dean asked. "Yeah, one of our brake lines was leaking. We had no idea. He was fixing it for us." The man said to us. "Nice people." I said concerned. "Yeah." The man said. "So, how long till you're up and runnin'?" Dean asked. "Sundown." The man said. "Really. To fix a brake line? I mean, you know, I know a thing or two about cars. I could probably have you up and running in about an hour. I wouldn't charge you anything." Dean said. "You know, thanks a lot, but I think we'd rather have a mechanic do it." The girl said. "Sure. I know. You know, it's just that these roads. They're not real safe at night." Dean said Kara and I have each other worried looks at hopefully not being kicked out of a diner. "I'm sorry?" The girl said. "I know it sounds strange, but, uh—you might be in danger." Dean said. "Look, we're trying to eat. Okay?" The man said. "Yeah. You know, my brother could give you this puppy dog look, and you'd just buy right into it. In fact my sister can do it." Dean said and looked at me. "Your in your own pal." I said making Kara trying not laugh at me just saying that to him. Scotty and a Sheriff came in oh great we already got arrested once not again. "Thanks for coming, Sheriff." Scotty said and the sheriff walked up to us. "I'd like a word, please." The sheriff said to Dean. "To him or all three of us?" Kara asked. "Just him." The sheriff said. "Come on. I'm having a bad day already." Dean said. "You know what would make it worse?" The sheriff asked. "The slammer, getting sick, getting dumped." I said listing off things Kara looked at me to shut up. "I need you to leave here." The sheriff said. "Okay come on Kara and Mae." Dean said. We got in the impala and Dean drove away from this town the sheriff following. Dean drove back at night and looked around I saw the scarecrow and the couple. "Get back to your car. Go! Go!" I yelled as Dean shot the Scarecrow. "Go! Go!" Kara yelled and we ran from the scarecrow and ended up in a clearing. "What—what the hell was that?" The man asked panting. "Don't ask." I said. We got back in the car and Kara and I shared the backseat for sleeping. I woke up to see Dean still sleeping. I found Kara talking to someone. "Ricky there nice, The girl is up want to talk to her?" Kara asked having the phone handing it to me. "Thanks Kara." I mumbled. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey I'm Ricky you must be Mary." He said. "Yeah, nice to kinda meet you Ricky." I said. "Make sure she doesn't get a scratch on her." Ricky said. "I don't make promises I might break." I said he laughed. "Okay put Kara back on Mary." He said I handed the phone back to Kara. She finished up and wrote something on a piece of paper. "Ricky's number so you two can get to know each other better." Kara said. I nodded. Dean woke up. "Okay you two are going to look in the woods more I'm going to the college." Dean said. I got my shotgun, flashlight, and cell phone. We walked looking at talking about different things. When my phone buzzed. I answered. "Yes Dean?" I asked. "Okay, so the scarecrow is a Norse God." Dean said. "Wow, next thing you know Unicorns are real." I said, causing Kara and Dean to laugh at that. "Okay be careful and shot what the hell-!" Dean said and suddenly the line went dead. "Okay Scarecrow is a Norse God." I said. "And no where to be found." Kara said. "Great." I said and we looked around the woods trying to find the Scarecrow. I was worried at the line going dead like that. "Kara is it weird Dean ended a calling yelling what the hell?" I asked. "Yes, he's probably in danger come on." Kara said and we ran but got all turned around in the woods and ended up in the front and saw Dean tied to a tree with Emily and heard something coming. Kara and I raised our guns and saw Sam come in. "Sammy." Kara and I said. "Kara?" Sam asked and hugged her. "Okay this reunion can go down after we take down an asshole scarecrow." I said and untied Sam with Sam and helped Kara untying Emily. When we were getting cornered by people from the town. "You all are worshipping a Norse God?" I asked them they nodded. Suddenly the scarecrow took them all. "Okay now we need to burn down an apple tree." Dean said. "So we set the Apple Orchard on fire?" I asked. "No there a specific one. I know where it is." Emily said and we got there and I handed Emily one of my lighters she threw it at the tree and it was on fire. After we finished we were saying bye to Emily. "Have a good time." Kara and I said. "Okay Kara and Mary." Emily said we got in the car along with Sam and Dean. "Helping us Kara?" Dean asked. "I'm sorta like a Winchester, so yes." Kara said. Yay the girl I think of a sister is staying.

A\N:Okay so that was Chairwoman232  charecter Kara in my story she will show up more so don't worry. Also I have to back to school so not alot of very late chapters.