5. Lancelot's suggestion

I found Leon and Lancelot talking. I marched up to them and said;

"I can't open up to him to let him get to know me. He already knows everything there is to know!" Before I sighed frustrated.

Thinking about something the whole night is not too good... at least not for me.

They looked thoughtful, maybe they were coming up with a plan?

"Make magic legal." Lancelot suddenly said.

"What?!" I ended up screaming.

"Make. Magic. Legal." He said again, slowly and a bit angrier.

"Why?"

"Merlin... he knows many sorcerers." Lancelot explained. "He knows many that's been executed, many that he cared about. All dead or suffering. I think he'll appreciate it more than you think, if you made it legal."

"Lancelot..." I thought about it. Isn't all magic evil? It corrupted Morgana! "I... I have to think about it..."

"Right..." He trailed off as well.

I went back to my chambers.

"You're back early?" Merlin was still here, cleaning.

"I ended up on a business... a bit more important than training..." I sat down by my desk. Merlin just nodded and went back to his work. "Her Merlin?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you bring me the papers for executions?"

"All of them?" He looked so... tired.

"Just the ones with sorcerers..." I ended up with my head in my hands.

It was quiet for a long while before a box was sat down beside me.

"There." He smiled widely. "May I ask what you need them for?"

Should I tell him? Well, Leon said opening up was good, so...

"Lancelot planted an idea... and... well... I need to think about it... and look over..."

He added two and two, and gasped. "You-..."

"I'm thinking about making magic legal..." I opened it, before I sighed again. "I grew up with being told hourly that magic was evil and dangerous... But when I think of it... so is a sword."

"What do you mean?" Merlin went and stood by my side, looking over the papers about why each was executed.

"With a sword. I can use it to kill bandits. I can use it to revenge someone dear to me. I can use it to bring justice. I can also start a war with it, kill many innocent, and straight down just murder many." I looked over some papers. Many shocked me. "Look at this..." I held up one. "He was executed for healing his wife! And this one, for saving a knight. And this one, for providing food for her children..."

I looked over. They were many kills too. But over half of them were innocent people. Children even.

"What do you think, Merlin?" I looked up at him.

He looked thoughtful. Split and unsure.

"What do you think about magic?" I asked again.

"I... why do you ask me? I'm your servant!" He tried to defend.

I looked at him, most likely with a rather stupid look on my face. "I always ask you... especially when I can't see the whole picture myself, or I'm not sure of what to do."