6. Mordred's suggestion

I finally found the guy I was looking for at the training field.

"Mordred!" I called for him.

He looked towards me, and began to jog.

"Hello, Arthur. Is there anything?" He asked.

"I went though some of my father's old papers. The execution papers to be exact. A druid boy was supposed to be burned, but got away."

I saw he became paler and paler.

"I'm glad you did. Or else, I would be one honourable knight less, and I don't know how well everything would go without you."

"Thank you, Arthur..." he smiled. He too, almost hugged me. But only almost.

"Ehm... Arthur?" I turned to see Percival and Elyan standing behind me.

I dismissed Mordred and gestured for them to continue.

"We ask for your blessing... to..." They looked to each other, to the ground, and literally anywhere but me.

"To court?" I asked rather smug. They nodded slowly, looking at me pleadingly. "Just don't let it get in the way of you duties." I smiled, and walked away.

"Wait!" They stopped me. "Really?"

"Really."

This time, I was allowed to go.

I went over to Mordred again.

"I found out about Merlin... That he's a Warlock." I whispered, in case Merlin didn't want anyone else to know about it. As merlin knew about Mordred being a druid, I'm quite certain Mordred knows about Merlin too.

"And...?"

"You know I like him... what can I do?"

"Why do you ask me?" he asked, just as smug as I was earlier.

"You know... warlock, druid, you both have magic..."

"Look, Arthur." Mordred spoke up. "Merlin is quite secretive. He doesn't tell me... anything, really. I don't know." I sighed... damn it. But then he continued. "However, you don't either. How about you try to get to know him? Another thing I know, is that he would answer if you asked him. He doesn't answer just anyone." And he left.

I stood there for a minute.

How can I get him to open up...?

I CAN USE HIS MAGIC! At least as an excuse.

So, when merlin came in with my dinner that night, I told him to sit down.

"Why?" He asked, but sat down anyway.

"I... I've realized, especially after last night, that I don't really know anything about you. I mean... seven years, and only now I figured why those branches "fell" on the bandits we were fighting from time to time."

Merlin snickered. "Sorry."

I just brushed it off, "No need. But as I said. Seven years, and I hardly know anything about you. It's rather unfair too, as you know everything there is to know about me."

"Ehm... okay?" he still seems unsure, but enthusiastic nonetheless. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything." I smiled, and began to eat. He seemed like he couldn't come up with anything. "Okay, what things do you like?"

"Easier." He smiled nervously. "I like... magic," he chuckled a little. "And riding. Not hunting, though, it's so boring... And I like apple pie, and some reading." He looked at my plate. "And strawberries."

And a strawberry, from my plate was suddenly in his hand.

"Hey!" I tried to stop him, but he already put it in his mouth.

"Mine." He snickered with his mouth full.

"Fine..." I grumbled.

God, he's adorable.