final hour.

—JUST ONCE—

Beep!

Another hour. Todoroki and Bakugou, quirks deactivated, has been sitting on the floor for ages.

"Same old annoying watch." Bakugou mutters, and Todoroki grinned the slightest.

"Get the fuck up." Bakugou snarled, standing on his feet.

"We should stay alert just in case some other shit-incident happens..." He raises his hand and activates his quirk, explosions emitting from his hand. "We don't know if we hit the ground floor exactly. There might be another damn fall. I don't want either of us to get hurt."

Bakugou's tone was unfathomable.

It was filled brazen with venom, yet somewhere hidden in his words, was concern, sincerity.

And someone who has a heart that cares.

Todoroki smiles tightly, a hand on his knee as he mirrors Bakugou's actions.

But that smile dropped when a clanging sound erupted from the ground.

"What the fuck?" Katsuki bursted, glancing up at Todoroki knowingly. He gulped visibly, eyes dilating in fear.

Shit. It can't be.

"The hell is that?" Bakugou pauses for a few seconds for extra assurance that it wasn't another shake. Deeming their safety, Bakugou lowered his hand to inspect the floor.

Todoroki froze in his spot.

Shit.

Bakugou rose back up with his other hand occupied.

Shit.

Todoroki clamped down on his lips at the sight of the item Katsuki grasped.

It was his phone.

"I..." Todoroki can't form any word out of his mouth, mind blanking out into nothing but an abyssal void. He tried to find anything else to look at other than the glaring, fury-glistening rubies of Bakugou's eyes— that burned even more than the firecracker clapping on his palm. But it was no avail, everywhere Todoroki looked was black. Nothing else alone, but black.

"You know, I was just beginning to fucking lik- consider you." Bakugou pushes the compacted words out of his mouth through gnarling teeth. "You've had this the whole time?!"

There's no point in lying now. "I'm sorry. I can explain-" Todoroki didn't even get to finish his sentence before Bakugou interrupted.

"Don't even come at me with that bullshit, Todoroki."

Todoroki.

Todoroki. Not Half and Half Bastard, not scum bag, dipshit, fuck face, two-toned jerk, asshole. His actual name. Bakugou's genuinely serious, genuinely angry as it is. And if Todotoki was being honest right now, he'd say that he'd rather hear those god awful nicknames than Todoroki.