flowers and chocolate

cody's pov

i quickly ran up to my room and grabbed my wallet. i counted the insides and it added to $12. i made my way down the hallway into my aunts office, where she greeted me with a smile.
"Oh hey Cody, what can I do for you?"
"So you know Lucy right? Well she's having a rough morning and I was wondering if you could send your secretary to run down and get her some flowers and a thing of chocolate."
she pondered for a minute.
"I can pay you back." i said as i motioned my wallet towards her desk.
"Oh nonsense. I'll send her right away dear."
i thanked her and shut the door behind me.

25 minutes later

i hear a knock on my door. my aunts assistant was standing outside with two grocery bags. i grabbed them and thanked her as i ran downstairs.
"lucy!! lucy!!!"
her head turned to look at me. she smiled.
"i know it's been hard for you and i want to help. i want you to know you have a friend, someone to depend on right now."
i handed her the bags, one with daffodils and one with chocolate.
"how'd you know these are my favorite?" she asked as she sniffed the flowers.
"lucky guess." i smirked.
i noticed luke walking down the stairs and pulled lucy into a kiss so she wouldn't see him. she was startled but kissed me back slowly. the group of guys next to us started clapping as we pulled away and rolled our eyes. luke made eye contact with me as i smiled at his angry eyes. lucy slowly started grabbing for my hand under the table and i smiled as i grabbed it back. she laid her head on my shoulder and i couldn't help but grin. she makes me really happy honestly.
the feeling started to fade as i remembered what happened last night. i knew that i had to get myself and lucy out of this school. with my uncle around, we'll never be safe.