𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

the school year came before anyone ever even saw it coming. september first rolled in and out like any other day. like always, molly, george and paul loathed that day.

the first day of school was most definitely the worst in their eyes.

old bullies from a few months prior would continue bullying—new kids would have it the worst, old teachers that would give you gnarly rappings gave you even more, and worst of all: homework.

on the upside, you'd see all your mates and old friends. that was really the only upside. molly made new friends, george re-connected with old ones, paul yelled at teachers; the usual went on.

molly finally began exploring other guys than paul! she said hi to boys on the sidewalk and was even able to have dreams about other men than him for the first time in months!

paul went on with dot as per usual.

nothing changed. except for the state of molly's mother. her mother was out of the hospital by then. she finally woke up with small brain damage.

things were finally shaping up to be good again. what was the best, though, was that molly's mother had the courage to break it off with eduardo. molly couldn't lie, she'd miss the money, but that was it. her mother kicked him and all his glorious money out of their house.

as it turned out, eduardo was a male stripper. that's why he had so much money. the stupid rich italian with too much money was finally out.

speaking of living situations, molly moved back home and away from the williams'. though she would miss susie and her house, she wouldn't miss the strictness of the household.

things were going along just swimmingly—just how they used to be before she moved to liverpool.

life was seemingly good again.

she stopped pondering about her father and his suicide, her mother was in good spirits, john began hanging around molly more and george got the hang of things with girls. he was no longer awkward and shy around them, but charming and kind.

he'd always start everyday with a call to molly—his best friend—then he'd go to school, get his homework done and relax. everything was... good. nothing out of the ordinary. that's just how all of them would put it.

john was his usual self. rebellious, a bit disrespectful, funny and crude. but that's the way molly liked him.

there was a definite difference to him than before, though; he was somehow nicer to molly. it wasn't drastic, but it was good for molly. maybe it was the talk him and her had about paul. who knew.

there were absolutely no complaints from any of them. sure, there was an occasional gossip situation, but nothing really happened until early the next year.

the quarrymen's drummer, colin hanton quit the band after an argument. they had a disastrous performance in wavertree, so he decided he didn't want to lug his kit around with any of them anymore. he argued with paul and left, never contacting any of them after.

molly was quite shocked by this. he always seemed very nice to her, but she guessed something must've changed in him.

early january of that year, molly had yet another fun discussion with john.

it was a friday night at his house. he'd planned on going out with his college friends, but his aunt mimi invited molly over for tea for a reason unbeknownst to molly, but john knew exactly why.

"i've told you time and time again, mary!" john yelled from the living room. "i have a girlfriend! i don't fancy her!" he shook his head.

"she's a nice, young, well-mannered, thoughtful girl, john!" mimi said while making the pot of tea.