Four.

It happened in slow motion.
Isaac slammed the cop into a wall, shaking the bars to the cells.

"Stiles get out of the way!" I yelled to the boy in front of me, who wafted with fear, Isaac snarled, teeth bared and saliva dribbling down his chin.

The cop exposed something shiny in his hand, the teen wolf snapped toward the object just as the cop aimed for him. Isaac was faster his horrifying wolf form took over, it was grotesque to see as he bent the cops hand until he let go. Stiles scrambled to the side near my cell in a crouched position not allowing himself to turn away from the scene in front. "Stiles" I whispered, causing his head to subconsciously flicker in my direction large brown eyes looked into mine. He scooted closer to the bars a sense of comfort in my presence, just as Derek entered the room, the cop fell unconscious to the ground. The metal object slid to the floor towards Derek's feet. I tried to see what it was but the alpha wolf crunched the weapon under his black boot. This caused Isaac to whip his focus upward toward his leader then directly to the one human and me. His nose sniffed the air, I couldn't help the animalistic side of myself as Isaac lunged toward the jail cell. A inhuman shriek eminated from my lips, as I hissed, baring my own row of sharp fangs in self defense. Stiles scrambled out of the way, as Isaac shook the bars making them bend in his effort to reach me. I backed up until my back was to the wall, literally trapped and bent my knees prepared to dash away. Derek quickly stepped in pushing Isaac away by the collar of his shirt and letting out a mighty roar. The beta wolf let out a whisper and speedily backed off crouching in fright in a corner. His face turned away I relaxed myself once he shown his human side a layer of sweat covering his forehead, Derek shook the door pulling it off it's hinges and allowing me to escape the cell.

"Thanks" I muttered, glancing at a cowering Isaac as I stepped out of the prison cell still hesitant. Luckily I wasnt trapped anymore and I no longer felt that sense of fear as he whimpered away.

"H-how did you do that?" Stiles spoke up, I turned toward the human having forgotten he was there in the first place.

"I'm the alpha." Derek answered a raise of his brow, ego practically on full display. I couldn't help the sudden snort that escaped.

-o-

Derek had taken Isaac to the abandoned warehouse until the coast was clear. I stayed behind with Stiles and waited for the funeral music to play for me. Once the two wolves made their way out Stiles spoke up. I turned to him with a raised brow.

"Why are you involved in everything?" He asked glancing at me and directly into my eyes. Surprisingly no sense of intimidation in them. I blinked at him for a moment, confused by the boldness.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Why are you with them." He clarified I turned away for once not knowing how to react and letting a brief moment of vulnerability slip.

"I have my reasons Stiles." He shrugged.

"Okay, so why are you staying behind and not Isaac." I smirked at this sticking my chin up into the air and walking toward him until I was only a few inches away. To my surprise Stiles didn't so much as flinch, he did however hold his breath.

"Because I can take care of myself. I always have been." I state. "I don't need an alpha. Sirens are loners."

"Then you're a hypocrite."

I furrow my brows taking a step away crunching on the metallic weapon that grasped my attention. I bent down and picked up the tip of the strange object connecting the dots immediately.