Six

Boyd wasn't at the table during lunch, I sat alone searching around hoping for him to appear as I was absentmindly reading a few more pages of the library book. The sinking feeling in my stomach wouldn't let me forget about Boyd and how Erica was so adamant to get him to join. I dropped the book onto the table as two sets of eyes stared in my direction. They had the same thought I did-Boyd's on Derek's radar. I locked gazes with Stiles, then Scott who's clenched jaw told me exactly what he thought.

It's my fault.

-o-

I followed the two out of the cafeteria, within human speed limits. Scott heard me coming and glanced in my direction with disgust.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked an almost foreign desperation in my tone.

"Haven't you done enough Stella." Scott coldly replied, I stopped walking my gaze shifting to Stiles who rubbed at the back of his neck.

"Scott, I think we should give Stella a chance she's trying here." Scott glanced at me again as Stiles pleaded with his eyes. I took this as my opportunity.

"Whatever Derek and I had before, it's over now." I nod smiling over at Stiles. Scott glanced between the two of us with a raised brow and sighed clearly sick of the fighting. "I'm on your side, Scott." I add, he nodded once, and continued to walk forward, Stiles did a small victory high five toward my direction which I hesitantly returned the gesture.

"Stella and I will go to the ice-rink and see if he's there, and if he's not at home you call me. Got it?" Scott asked Stiles who looked toward the two of us hesitantly.

"I just think maybe we should let him, It's Boyd you know, man. Derek's giving them a choice right?" He asked the question toward me as I bit my lip and glanced at both.

"That's true." I reply softly.

"W-we can't" Scott stammered.

"You gotta admit, Erica looks pretty good, the word sensational comes to mind."Stiles responded, I raised a brow at this, personally finding Isaacs new found confidence a tad intrusive but his overall personality endearing myself, but I kept my mouth shut and followed the two.

"How do you think a wolfsbane bullet will look in her head." Scott retaliated.

"Alright, maybe I'm saying this one isn't totally your responsibility okay."

"They're mine. All of them if anything happens it's.. it's my fault." I add in siding with Scott for once.

"Stella's right, this thing will get out of control and it makes me-us" he motioned toward myself "responsible." Stiles sighed.

"Alright I'm with ya, all I gotta say, this new found heroism is making me very attracted to you" I thought he meant it for me a moment but he motioned to Scott jokingly. Scott rolled his eyes pushing his friend forward.

"Shut up."

"No, seriously do you want to make out a little, just to see how it feels!" Scott and I both laughed at Stiles making light of the situation as we walked towards the parking lot.

-o-

I ended up the one driving to the ice-rink since Scott only had his bike however it did make it easier to toss into the bed then just leaving it behind. It was tensely quiet between us.