Chapter 5/part 1

I walked into school the next morning with red puffy eyes.Not because of Jim but because of my mother.I stayed up most of the night, mourning over a photo of me and her.

Hannah stayed away from me and avoided eye contact the whole day.In during class,she moved her seat next to Claire,Toby,and Jim.

Coach Lawrence was teaching Health today and it was absolutely boring as crap.

"The teeth tear and chew.Then,grinding the food into paste before it's swallowed.Then, it travels down the wind pipe I mean, esophagus",he said as he points to a chart.

While I laid my head down in my desk,I could help but listen into the conversation near me.

"So the reason you were late and covered in dirt was because you were fighting a "mud monster"?",Claire asked.

"While there was some gnarly troll watching you? Talk about creepy",Toby said.

"I know.It was like he was studying me",Jim said.

"That's weird.Mud monsters?Not even (Y/N) and I have seen those yet",Hannah stated.

"To the guts, where the juices break it down into a bubbling nasty soup",the teachers voice boomed.

"What are you gonna do?",Hannah asked.

"I don't know.I haven't figured that out yet",Jim said.

"So after it weaves through this mess, it comes out the old",He stammered and coughed,"you know "the back door",Coach Lawrence said.

"Coach? Yeah, thank you.Don't mean to "butt" in, but I'd like to "gas" a question? Hey, poo's laughing?",Steve said.

I roll my eyes in annoyance.I wanted to intervene but decided not to.

"Watch it, Palchuk!"

"This is serious!",Steve yelled.

"Hey, why don't you shut your hole, Steve?",Jim said.

That one got me.I bursted out laughing and laid my head on my table to cover up my loud laughs.

"Oh, that's it.That's it, jokers!Both of you, principal's office, now!",the teacher yelled.

I looked up as I watched Jim and Steve leave the room.Wait,Stricklers the principle and he's a changeling.He could change at any second with Jim in the room!But he wouldn't change in front of Steve,right?

I was zoned out for so long that I didn't even notice that Chris kissed me on the cheek.

I blushed and looked down.I turned around and gave him a playful glare."Shh"

Once class was over,I saw Hannah and Jim standing right In front of my locker.

I stood and stared.

"What's wrong?",Chris asked.

"Oh it's nothing.I just can't get to my locker without talking to Jim"

"I'll go with you",he said has he grabbed my hand.I smiled and leaned on his shoulder as we walked to my locker together.

Jim's eyes locked with mine and he stepped in front of us.

"(N/N),we need to talk"

"There's nothing to talk about"I said.

"Can you let me spe-"

"She said she didn't want to talk to you!",Chris said.

"And who are you to stop me from talking to her?",Jim asked as he pointed at Chris.