07 | never go back

"i have been waiting for you
so long in my forever"
~atticus.

"i have been waiting for youso long in my forever"~atticus

❀❀❀

"I am asking you for the last time now. Why did you lock the new girl in the bathroom?" Mrs. D'Souza, the vice principal asked Ahaan in a stern voice.

Her hawk like eyes staring down at him, daring him to say lies.

"N-no ma'am, I didn't-" Ahaan stammered.

Mrs. D'Souza's stern voice and deathly glares were enough to make any child tremble like a leaf. She would eat her prey alive. And today, Ahaan was her new prey.

"If you don't speak up, I'm calling your parents. This is the limit now. Every time you do some mischief but today you locked a new girl in the bathroom for two hours! Anything could have happened to her, she could have died of suffocation! I didn't expect you to bully other kids," Mrs. D'Souza started shouting.

Ahaan wasn't scared or guilty now. He was just angry. Every time this girl gets him into problems. Since their first meet two weeks back, he had been ignoring Amira like a plague.

All that the girl does, is to create problems for him.

First, she made his mom punish him with her dramatic crying, and now all his friends in the colony have started liking her and include her in every game, which irks him.

He felt that she was trying to steal his friends from him.

And so, to teach her a lesson, Ahaan had locked Amira up in the school washroom.

Not to mention, she cried and created a ruckus again, and complained about him to the teacher.

If anything, Ahaan had started disliking the little troublemaker even more.

"You are not speaking up! I'm going to call -"

A knock on the door interrupted Mrs. D'Souza. The door opened, and Amira stepped in.

Ahaan looked more displeased to see her again.

"Amira, my poor child. How are you feeling now?" Mrs. D'Souza asked her out of concern.

"I'm fine, ma'am. I actually came here to say something."

"Yes, please say."

"Ahaan didn't lock me up in the washroom, ma'am," Amira said meekly, while Ahaan whipped his head to her side in shock.

"What do you mean. Didn't you complain about him?"

"No ma'am. I locked myself up by mistake. He didn't do anything," Amira used her best convincing tone.