04 | devil in disguise

Amira didn't have many friends, or rather, she had very few close friends, whom she cherished the most

Out of all, there were three people who built up a larger part of her life, with whom she had spent memorable days of her life. Aisha, Misha and Tara. And of those people, one of them was getting married soon.

When all of them were in university, they had decided to be each other's bridesmaids. It started as childish teasing, none of them really believed that their friendship would manage to reach this far, to a point where all the fantasizing would become real some day.

And as planned, Aisha's wedding was the most important wedding for Amira and The Wedding Diaries.

Needless to say, since the day Aisha had approached Amira to plan her wedding and also to be her maid of honour, Amira's work pace had fastened. She devoted most part of her days to talk to various designers and select the best trousseau for Aisha and the best dresses for herself and Misha and Tara, as Aisha's bridesmaids.

It had been two months since the school reunion, and Amira did not once think of that day or Ahaan since the night she wrote her feelings out and shut the diary forever, shoving it in the farthest part of her apartment.

Amira loved the work she did, and even more than that, she loved the fact that she played a small roles in making someone's special day even more special. And in order to make that happen for someone else, Amira spent most of time, making such perfect cut wedding plans for all her clients, that it never gave any of her client an opportunity to point out a mistake. Well, at least 90% of them, because there would always be that one ungrateful client.

But today, Amira was facing the biggest disappointment she ever possibly could. The beach side resort in Mumbai, that they had finalized for Aisha's big day, had called up this morning, proclaiming how they find it regretful that they will not be able to give the particular dates to Aisha's wedding since an even bigger and richer party had offered to pay more than them.

Amira had seen it coming though, because the company that managed the "bigger party", Harmony Weddings, were arch rivals of The Wedding Diaries and would leave no stone upturned to mess with anything that had a connection to Amira and Vihaan.

On any other occasion, Amira would somehow convince her client to change the theme, or shift the location to a less expensive venue. But this was Aisha, her best friend, and a beach side wedding was their only common dream and she had to do something to make this possible.

So here they were, in the posh office of The Wedding Diaries, wracking their brains and finding a solution for the huge mess. While the rest of the office jostled with everyday activities, Amira's cabin was strictly reserved for only those people who are able to come up with solutions for Aisha's wedding.

While Amira sat by her desk, calling up all the contacts they knew, Aisha sat across from her, frantically typing off on her laptop, searching for some quick venues.