Epilogue

Peppermint and chocolate scent fills his nose, unlike the usual vanilla and strawberry scent in his room. Baekhyun slowly opens his eyes, the sunlight coming from the window slightly blinding his eyes. After blinking a few times, finally, his eyes adjust to the light. He tries to sit up only to feel familiar pain coming from his bottom. When he feels comfortable enough in his sitting position, his eyes begin to wander around the room that looks unfamiliar.

Wait.

When he realizes where he is, the omega frantically tries to stand up. Luckily he's already wearing a black shirt that oversized for his body. Probably Chanyeol's. Before he manages to grab the door handle, the door itself swings open to reveal what looks like a butler of some sorts.

"Good morning Sir, Mr. Park is already waiting for you in the kitchen"

Blinking in confusion at first, Baekhyun can only nod at what the butler has said. With slow hesitant steps, the omega finally finds the open kitchen and his alpha who seems cooking something. Chanyeol's bare back is facing him. Baekhyun doesn't know what to do, so there he is standing like an idiot while playing with his fingers, his eyes aren't leaving the alpha's figure.

"Morning"

"Um... Morning"

This is something new for both of them. Chanyeol never stays the morning after, he always leaves after Baekhyun's heat end. When it didn't finish yet, he usually sleeps on the couch in the study room back at the penthouse.

It feels strange...

Baekhyun train of thoughts got cut off, when familiar warmth circling his waist, bringing him closer to that peppermint and chocolate scent. A smirk presents on Chanyeol's plump lips, making Baekhyun's mouth hangs open in disbelief. Since that smirk isn't his usual mean kind of smirk. Before he manages to process what is happening, Baekhyun gets a peck on his lips.

"Why are you gaping like a fish? Hmm?"

Chanyeol is chuckling. This makes Baekhyun even more confused. Does the man in front of him is sick? Or does he slap his hand to hard last night? Or maybe this is some kind of punishment because Baekhyun let someone else touched him yesterday?

The omega tries to push the alpha away, so he can study the other's face better. His hands are against the Chanyeol's hard chest. But his movement stopped when a shine catches his eyes. There's a silver ring on his left ring finger. I repeat: There's a fucking silver ring on his left ring finger. Baekhyun looks at the ring on his finger, then look at Chanyeol, before look at the ring once again.

"Wha- what..."

"Do you like it?"

Baekhyun feels a peck on his cheek, all these things can make his brain explode any minute now. But, every time he wants to ask, his words got caught up in his throat. In the end, all he ends up with are just stuttering words to his alpha. Still circling his arm around Baekhyun's slender waist, Chanyeol brushes the other's fringe away from his almond-shaped eyes.

"In case you haven't grasp what is happening, I'm marrying you Byun Baekhyun"

This only makes Baekhyun's breath hitch. Is this a dream? As if his eyes aren't wide enough from the shocked, Baekhyun unconsciously widens his eyes even more. Can't hold his tears anymore, the omega let it stream down his face, his hands now covering his mouth. Chanyeol doesn't seem surprised at his reaction since he's tightening his arms around the smaller male. As if he's trying to protect him even more. His warm breath ghosting against Baekhyun's ear.

"I'm sorry"

The moment that word escape Chanyeol's lips, Baekhyun is a sobbing mess.

"I'm sorry for locking you up in that place alone all this time. I'm sorry, I haven't take care of you as your mate. Byun Baekhyun, forgive me?"