Chapter 3

*18 weeks pregnant*

"Tetsuya, how long are you going to sulk." Akashi chuckled as he poured tea for himself, Kuroko and their guests Kise and Momoi. The blonde and the pink haired girl had been especially busy the last few days putting the finishing touches on the nursery.

"Why are you sulking Tetsu-kun? You've been so happy since you found out you were pregnant." Momoi asked. This only made the bluenette pout more as he picked up his tea cup, trying instead to focus on the warm herbal sent. When he didn't answer Akashi took it upon himself.

"Tetsuya found out that he was wrong about something recently." Akashi said. "He was convinced that the baby would be a girl."

"It's not." Kise and Momoi said at the same time. For some reason they both seem shocked and not in a good way.

"No. In fact the babies are both boys." Akashi said proudly.

"Twin boys?!?!" Kise and Momoi shouted at the same time but again it wasn't happy. Before Akashi could question their strange reactions the blonde and pink haired girl turned towards Kuroko. Now if this had been an anime, Akashi was convinced that there would be flames in the background behind Momoi and Kise to emphasize just how angry they had suddenly become.

"TETSU-KUN/KUROKOCCI!!" They shouted causing the bluenette to hide behind his husband.

"Am I missing something?" Akashi asked

"Kurokocchi told us the baby was a girl." Kise said.

"So Ki-chan and I decorated the nursery specifically for a girl. We finished it and were planning to show you guys today." Momoi said in a huff. "Now we have to start all over. Come on Ki-chan, we have furniture to return and new paint colors to pick out." Momoi said as she and Kise left the room leaving Kuroko still hiding behind Akashi. Once they were out of the room the red head spoke.

"You know they aren't really mad. They love to decorate and I'm sure they'll enjoy setting up the nursery for the twins."

"I know." Kuroko said even though his hands were still clinging to the back of Akashi's shirt.

"Then why are you still hiding?" The red head asked.

"I can smell your cologne. I think the twins like it, every time I breathe it in they move." Kuroko said taking a nice deep breath. Akashi turned around quickly to face the bluenette.

"They're moving." The red head said placing a hand on Kuroko's abdomen. The bluenette started to show at the end of his third month and ever since, Akashi couldn't help touching Kuroko's baby bump. It made the pregnancy feel much more real.

"I don't think you can feel it from the outside yet. The movement is so light it feels like butterflies." Kuroko said placing his right hand on top of Akashi's.

"I'm a little jealous that I don't get to feel them move yet." Akashi said letting his possessive side show just a little. The red head had always been possessive when it came to things that were important to him and naturally that included his husband and unborn twins.

"You'll be able to feel them soon." Kuroko said. "And I have a feeling when you can you are going to encourage them to move as much as possible no matter how much eventual discomfort it may cause me." Akashi only chuckled at Kuroko's very accurate prediction.

"Oh, by the way my mother called this morning and asked if we were still coming to their house next Friday to celebrate my grandmother's birthday." Kuroko said.

"Of course. I'm quite fond of your parents and grandmother." Akashi said still gently caressing Kuroko's baby bump.

++++++++++