Twenty Two

You:
Hey Kook, are you awake? I want to talk.

Jungkook 🐰:
Yeah, what's up Y/N? Everything alright?

You:
I'm sorry Jungkook, I know you have romantic feelings for me but I can't date you.

Jungkook 🐰:
Oh...

Jungkook 🐰:
I don't mean to annoy you but, may I ask why? Is there someone else?

You:
Truthfully, there is someone else. Taehyung.

Jungkook 🐰:
Taehyung? As in my hyung? Why Y/N?

You:
I'm sorry Jungkook, I actually knew him before I knew you but we'd never met before. We still haven't. Believe it or not, but I accidentally messaged the wrong number and that's how I became to know him.

Jungkook 🐰:
I guess I deserved this lol...

You:
No! You don't deserve any this, it's my fault for not being honest from the start.

Jungkook 🐰:
No, you don't understand. Taehyung has never told you about Areum?

You:
He's mentioned her while he was drunk but I thought he was just drunk and saying nonsense? Who is she?

Jungkook 🐰:
She's his ex, well, our ex. He was dating her first but I grew feelings for her and she also grew feelings for me, and we had started dating in secret behind his back, until she decided she didn't wanna hide anymore.

Jungkook 🐰:
He really loved her and after we betrayed him like that, he shut everyone off, he barely communicates with people, he only hangs with our close friend group. At first he wouldn't even speak to me. But before her, he'd dated someone else who hurt him just as much, so two heartbreaks back to back? He wasn't doing so well.

Jungkook 🐰:
Then he started dating Jusi, I don't ever believe that what he felt for her was love, I think he only accepted her because at the moment he was hurt and lonely.

Jungkook 🐰:
So, yeah, I deserve this. I wish you and my hyung the best in whatever happens between you guys. There's no bad blood between us.

You:
... I'm sorry, I never knew any of this. Thanks Jungkook for sharing that with me and thank you for supporting me and Tae. 🙂

Jungkook 🐰:
Go make my hyung happy again. 🙂