Chapter 1

*Wally POV*

I cracked my neck and felt a smile spreading across my lips. The sun was shining the weather was great, the perfect day to skip school. I looked around the empty school parking lot, but where to go was the real question. What's the fun of skipping school if you don't have a friend along? Megan and Connor would probably just make-out the whole day if I went to get them, Kaldur was down in Atlantis visiting family, Artemis would kill me if I bothered her at school. Which left me with... Robin. I felt an evil grin spread across my face and I sprinted towards Gotham City.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

As I approached town I slowed my speed down to a normal walking pace, I wanted to stay unnoticed. I kept my head down as I walked towards the school. Artemis had once shown me where she went to school. Of course, she didn't know Robin went to the same school as she did. Which was some what surprising to me. I mean, do sun glasses really hide that much? I'd always wondered why Robin wore them, he's my best friend I can recognize him by hair color and relative height alone. Not to mention when I'm closer up face shape and voice. Evidently Artemis wasn't as skilled as I was. I looked up at the dark gray building. It really did look like a private school for the richest of the rich. My smiled brightened as I grew closer to the building. A small group of students stood in the doorway. None of them seemed to notice me approaching. Not even the short dark haired boy who stood with his back to me when I opened the door. When I opened the door most students begin to stare, but not one. I was very out of place, this was so much of a rich person private school that they had school uniforms. I wasn't expecting that one. A red hared girl whispered to the dark haired boy.

"It's just your imagination, Babs," The boy grumbled finally turning towards me. A smile was back on my face, voice and face recognition! For a second Robin gaped at me. "Wally?"

"Hey Ro-" Robin's look silenced me for a second. "Dick."

"Uh, I didn't expect to see you here." He walked up to me. "Here to see Artimus I presume."

"Nope," I shrugged then whispered "Trying to get you to skip school with me."

"Wally," He both wined and grumbled at the same time. "I have work to do here, I only ever leave school if its an emergence. This isn't some public school of easy days and no home work."

"But," I grabbed his shoulder. "We're geniuses, who needs school when you have our born brilliance." Robin successfully kept his facial expression set at unamused, but his eyes told a different story. We looked into eachothers eyes, I had only seen Robin's eyes on occasion. Only when the team catches him off guard or when we are alone. Normally when he was with the team he tended to keep his sun glasses on, if he's not in full uniform of course. Truth be told he had very nice eyes, bright kind of dark blue. The blue you only see in the sky, but there it was, in his eyes. Robin noticed how long we had been staring at eachother first and looked down at the ground.

"I may be a genius. I still can't go, Wally. He'd kill me if he found out."

"Who? Bruce?" I laughed but the look Robin gave me silenced me.

"Richard!" Robin's eyes widened in shock. He turned around to see an elderly woman marching towards us an evil glare on her face. "What are you doing! You're not working with your group!"

"I was talking to my friend, Miss," I had never heard Robin sound so up tight.

"Who is this!" She eyed me with even more anger. The students around us seemed to disappear into the classrooms near by. Within a matter of moments only the 3 of us were in the hall.

"My friend, Wally. He's thinking about changing schools," Only if Robin would have saluted could have he made it more of a military school conversation.