05 | his concern

Y/n walked behind the school to eat lunch, it was considered the deserted part, but she knew she was being followed. She sat on the floor and leaned against the wall.

"Tch. Bet that's fake..."

"Hey, Y/n!"

She looked over to see those girls looking at her with judgmental looks. Sharon, Phoebe, and Mary.

"Nice bracelet."

Y/n looked down at at her wrist, "Oh. Uh, thanks-"

"Is it fake?" Sharon asked.

"No." She squinted.

"What's with the look, huh?" Phoebe slammed her foot next to Y/n's head.

"What's with the attitude? Or did you have a bad day and decide to take it out on me?" She muttered under her breath, "Typical.."

"How rude!" Mary gasped.

Phoebe looked absolutely pissed, and she slammed her foot dead center onto Y/n's face.

"How dare you speak to me like that! Do you know who my family is?"

Y/n held her face and watched the blood drip into her hand, "I couldn't care less. Fuck off."

. . .

"Autumn is such a pretty season!" Camila spread out her arms as she ran ahead of the 2 girls and let the pacing leaves brace before her.

"I like Winter. It's cold and I don't have to go outside." Anna shoved her hands in her pockets. "And those thots can freeze to death too."

"Gotta admit, Autumn has pretty colors. It's what you'd expect to be bright but it has some.. dark tone to it." Y/n said. [foreshadowing...]

Anna blinked, "Oddly specific."

Y/n shrugged while Camila ran around in the leaves.

. . .

Y/n sat on her bed in her room, her face hiding in her palms. She had walked home since her dad had to stay late, conveniently, and her brother was out with his friends. Camila had a medical mask, for some reason, so she managed to stay hidden from the teachers so they wouldn't ask questions.

She heard a light tap at her window, and she knew it would be one of the Spirits.

Keeping her hand over the top of her nose, she opened the window as Autumn stepped inside.

He raised a brow, "Why're you covering your face like that?"

"Oh, um.."

Autumn gingerly grabbed her wrist and stared in shock at the large bruise on her face.

"What happened?!"

"I just offended some girl at school."

He tried to touch her face, but she flinched away from the pain.

"Y/n, it's broken. Is your family here?"

She shook her head.

"Here, I'll take you to Tempus. They'll treat you in no time."

. . .

Autumn was standing in a "princely" stance. His chest was slightly puffed up, or rather it was the muscle, and he stood with his hands on his waist, leaning over.. Nothing.

"How does your healing magic work?" Autumn asked.

The nurse, who seemed rather frazzled at the mere sight of Autumn, stuttered crazily, "U-Um, it w-works like.. uh.. a-all I h-have to do-do is just p-press my h-hand on the wound..."

Autumn's eye twitched and Y/n blinked multiple times.

"Uh, alright." Autumn straightened his leaning posture.

The nurse stepped closer to Y/n and rested her hand on her broken nose.

"I-It's really c-cool that such a-a noble man, um, came into my office. The p-prince, at that. A-After this.. C-Can I t-talk to you..?"

Autumn contained his sigh, "Of course."

The magic made Y/n's nose snap back into place, making Y/n flinch and grab her nose with pain. The nurse stepped back.

His eyes widened and Y/n made herself get back up.

"I'm so sorry!" The nurse giggled, "Um, a-at least y-your nose is b-better.."

Y/n rubbed the back of her neck, "Yeah, thanks." She smiled.

Autumn remained quiet.

"Oh, uh, I'll leave you two to talk, then.." Y/n stepped out of the room and sat in the waiting room.

Autumn walked out of the office with a look that made him seem to be hiding laughter, but he was doing it out of disbelief. He grabbed Y/n's hand and dragged her out.

"What'd you say?" Y/n's eyes widened.

"She asked.." Autumn chuckled, "..if she could be the Princess.. So I told her she wasn't qualified and that she couldn't. Then she broke down. And then I left."

Y/n gave a small laugh, "That's a little.. weird. Did she expect you to say yes?"

"She thought.. I liked her..."

"Do you even know her?"

Autumn shrugged, "I used to want to study medicine, so we went to the same academy."

"Ah. Good evening, Y/n." Winter gave a small wave towards them. "What are you doing in the town?"

"I took her to the hospital. Some girls at school broke her nose."

"What caused them to do that?"

"I just offended one of them."

"My condolences, Y/n." Winter looked to his brother, "We have business again in Amare, and it's our turn to talk to the officials. Aestas and Spring are staying behind, but I'm sure Spring will try and bring Y/n back here." Winter chuckled.

. . .

"What the--?!"

"Wow. I'm.. Astonished."

Y/n hid her nose from her two friends, "It's not that big of a deal.."

"It completely healed overnight! That's insane!" Anna exclaimed.

"Totally.." Y/n gave a fake smile.

Y/n's eyes glanced over to see Aestas glaring her down with a piercing gaze. She froze as Aestas ushered her to talk to him.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom.." Y/n rushed to the back of the school and saw Aestas leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. Classic pose.

"What is it?" She asked.

He walked up close to her, right up in her face, and said, "We're going to Tempus. Right now."

"Wha--?"

Before she could mutter another word, Aestas grabbed her waist and flew off.