18 | occidendum

Y/n woke up to see that she was not in the bedroom she was staying in, but in a glass cage. Her eyes went wide as she sat up and placed her hands against the glass, which had been tied together with rope, along with her feet, "W-What is this..?!"

"Oh, you're awake." Ban put his hands on his lower hips and looked down, "Did you get enough sleep last night?"

"What's going on?" She asked. The enclosure she was being kept in was in the middle of an extremely grandiose room. Giant windows lined the wall behind in her as stairs lead down to a lower level, and she was at the top.

"You didn't think they were gonna choose you as a bride and just guess that you'd withstand a Spirit's Malus?"

"What does that mean?" Y/n's heart started to race uncomfortably, "Nothing is gonna hurt, right?"

"Hm?" Ban covered his mouth, "Are you scared of pain?"

"Only rightfully..! Tell me what's going to happen!" She pleaded.

Ban lowered his hand and sighed, "I'm actually not entirely sure. I'm not a Spirit myself and I've never seen a Spirit's Malus happen before." He looked around suspiciously and then went close to the glass as he bent down, "But for some reason they didn't ask someone to hold the Prince back in his Malus form. I'm sure you'll be okay though, right, Princess?"

"Don't act concerned, you're the one that brought me here."

"Bannath. Take your leave, now."

Ban got up and walked down the stairs, glancing back at the panicked female in the glass enclosure one last time before exiting the grandiose hall, the person who had called him out following right behind. Y/n slammed her tied fists against the glass and shut her eyes, "I just want to go home.. See my friends.. my family.. What have I gotten myself into..?" When Y/n opened her eyes, she suddenly backed up to the other side of the glass enclosure in fear, "Wh-What are you..?!"

His back faced towards the windows. The Prince of Amare, a pink skinned man with horns with heart charms connected to them - had suddenly turned into a Spirit with pitch black skin and hair, his eyes were blood red, completely opposite from his blue ones. "I'm sure those Seasons haven't shown you their Spirit Malus, right?" As the prince opened his mouth, Y/n could see large fangs. He kicked his heel into the glass, shattering it as he bent down and grabbed her by the hair, pulling her out of the enclosure, the shards of glass grazing across her skin. Y/n winced in pain as cuts on her face and arms started to bleed.

"Let go of me, you monster!" She cried out, "Snap out of it!"

"I need to see if my bride can withstand my Malus." The prince brought his fangs to her neck, causing Y/n to writhe in his hold. However, as she gritted her teeth and prepared for the pain, a hot liquid splashed on her face, and the prince's grip on her had disappeared.

"H-Huh..?" Y/n looked to see the prince return to his normal form as his eyes went dull. His limp body fell to the ground as a sword had been impaled in his chest.

She shot her head up to see Spring, his hands shaking violently. He made eye contact with Y/n and enveloped her in his arms, hiding her sight from the corpse.

"S-Spring!" Y/n gasped. A sudden wave of relief washed over her, knowing that she was safe. Or so she hoped. She had never imagined that Spring was capable of killing someone, much less for her own safety.

Spring's hand continued to shake as he placed his hand on the back of hair, lightly petting it for comfort as his other hand was wrapped around her waist.

"How did you know I was here?"

"It doesn't matter." Spring shook his head and dug his head further into Y/n's shoulder, "You're here in my arms now and that's all I care about."