We don't care

We don't care by the Vamps and Sigala

Naomi's pov:

"Too late give her the sign
I caught your eye, we can't rewind
It's too late, you hit the switch
She can't resist, we play a game all night"

Staring into his eyes, I frown. Swimming with drowsiness, his gaze alone is enough for me to get a clear idea of his earlier activities. He stumbles towards me, grinning drunkenly and draping an arm clumsily over my shoulders. Supporting the majority of his weight, I silently curse Declan and Jorden for allowing him to get this drunk - before trying to guide him towards the door.

It takes quite a few attempts before we make it out of the pub, and I take a deep breath as the smell of drink and musty carpet clears. Now, these other odours are gone, I become increasingly aware of the smell of Bennett. He still smells faintly of the chocolate cookies he had baked earlier, but the alcohol was clear in his breath. Wrinkling my nose, I set about trying to manoeuvre down the stairs.

"Try to keep my composure
Would be easy if I was sober
But you keep getting closer
And I'm feeling okay"

Placing him gently into the back of the cab I sighed in relief as his weight was finally of me. For a thin boy, he sure is heavy, I thought to myself, as I rolled my sore shoulder. Clambering in after him I squished into the small car and closed the door.

Reaching over to buckle myself in my hand brushed past Bennetts pale one. Freezing like a deer in the headlights I glanced upwards to see if he realised. Releasing a breath I didn't realise I was holding I relaxed but then I realised something. Bennett was blushing. It wasn't obvious as only the tips of his ears was pink but the faint light from the street lamps was enough. Ducking my head to hide my smile, not that he would notice as he was currently gazing out the window, I clicked in and told the driver our address. Before following Bennett's lead and gazing into space. Happy.

"Oh well, I'm kinda drunk
But it's kinda fun, even if we know it's wrong"

Snapped out of my gaze by a beep from my phone; I bit my lip as I looked at the caller ID. Jordan. How would he feel about the deal I made? What about Declan? I know they both like me and I don't want to spoil our friendship...

Oh well, I thought, it's not like they are going to find out anyway...

Switching off my phone and ignoring the text I went back to trying to daydream. The thought still eating away at my brain slowly.

"But we don't, we don't care
We don't care, we don't, we don't care
Oh, Only for the night
Only for the ride, even if it don't feel right
But we don't, we don't care
We don't care, we don't, we don't care"

Glancing back at Bennett I decided that this could stay our little secret but in the unlikely occurrence the boys did find out I'm sure they would be upset, at the fact it wasn't them, but also happy that I and Bennett finally stopped moping around and confessed our feelings. Even if he won't remember...

"We don't, we don't
(Even if it, we don't) we don't care
(Even if it,) we don't we don't care
(Even if it, we don't) we don't care"

Still... least it will be off my chest, I reasoned, one less secret to keep! I can barely hold the weight of the others, never mind having to lie to this handsome face every. Single. Day. And it doesn't help that he can read me like a book!!

"Ok, another weekend
We're back to friends, it only ends in one way
You make a move, I don't refuse
We play a game all night"

The sickening knot in my stomach was twisting tighter and tighter as I imagined Jordan and Delcans' hurt faces when they found out. Their eyes filled with tears that were threatening to fall as they blinked them away. My heart was slowly ripping in two.

A sudden tickle on the side of my neck made me turn. However, an object was preventing me from turning and I strained my eyes to see just what this mystery was. My eyes were greeted by a head full of hair. More importantly Bennett's head of hair.

He was asleep.

On my shoulder.

Suddenly all of my worries disappeared out of the window and my heart swelled. He was so so cute!!

"Try to keep my composure
Should be easier and now I'm sober
And you keep getting closer
But I'm feeling alright"

Staring at his softly illuminated features I couldn't help but wonder if we could be more than this. If when he was sober we could kiss and hug and just be more than friends. Be more than this. I knew I wanted to be. But the real question is, does he?

"Oh well, I'm kinda drunk
But it's kinda fun, even if we know it's wrong
But we don't, we don't care
We don't care, we don't, we don't care
Oh only for the night
Only for the ride, even if it don't feel right
But we don't, we don't care
We don't care, we don't, we don't care"

But as I sank further into my seat I knew my daydreams was just that. A dream. I wasn't brave enough to chance to break our friendship and he wouldn't break Section 5, Article 15. We weren't meant to be together. And we would just have to deal with it.

"We don't, we don't
(Even if it, we don't) We don't care
(Even if it) We don't, we don't
(Even if it, we don't) We don't care"

As the taxi ground to a halt I unclipped and gently woke up Bennett. He was half awake and half not, like most teens on a Monday morning. After about 30 minutes of dragging him to his bed, I finally took him in.

He looked so angelic and peaceful in his sleep like he couldn't hurt a fly, but then I remember the loaded gun under his pillow and immediately changed my mind.

Kissing his lips gently, to uphold my side of the deal, I backed out of his room and closed the door. Locking his apartment and posting the keys I head for home to flop on my bed.

What a long day...

THANK YOU FOR READING! Hope you enjoyed it! Bye!