Love lies

Love Lies (Warning light swearing)
Khalid, Normani

Bennett's pov:

"Sorry if it's hard to catch my vibe, mmm
I need a lover to trust, tell me you're on my side
Are you down for the ride?
It's not easy for someone to catch my eye"

My face was set in an unbreakable mask, all of my features moulded as to not give away any information on my emotions, and my blue eyes were cold and distant like a snowy blizzard.

"But I've been waitin' for you for my whole damn life
For my whole lifetime"

Suddenly a smile overtook my face as the Angel I had been waiting for finally appeared. She was walking more confidently now, Knowing I would always protect her, and didn't even flinch when one clumsy boy knocked into her. Sending a glare that Declan would have been proud of she continued to stride straight towards me.

"Don't be afraid to tell me if you ain't with it (you ain't with it)
I see you're focused, yeah you're so independent (independent)
It's hard for me to open up, I'll admit it (I'll admit it)
You've got some shit to say and I'm here to listen"

When she became more visible, peeking out from behind all of the bodies that were crammed into the corridor like sardines, I realised that she wasn't wearing her usual nerdy outfit. Crumpling my eyebrows in confusion I gazed at her in some sort of trance. She was wearing a tight tank top with a sweetheart neckline, and if this wasn't too unusual, she just had to stop my brain from working by wearing black ripped jeans. A metal chain hung around her neck, on the end was a pink heart, and my brain completely stopped. Who was this girl? This cant be our sweet little innocent Naomi, can it?

"So baby, tell me where your love lies
Waste the day and spend the night
Underneath the sunrise
Show me where your love lies
I've been so into your mystery"

After a few minutes of staring at her with my mouth open, I was snapped from my gaze when a hand connected with my face. More importantly Naomi's hand. Her face was contorted in a way that showed she was trying to stay mad but was failing badly. Her cheeks were flushed red and I could tell from the warmth spreading up my neck that I would soon be joining her in the tomato shade of colour.

"Is it because of our history?
Are you into me?
When it feels so good, but it's bad for you
Can't say I don't want it 'cause I know I do
Come on over, I need your company
Cravin' that synergy"

" How come you're dressed like that? do you like someone?" I asked hopefully, disappointed in the fact that hope was evident in my voice, and somehow She went an even deeper colour and red and managed to stutter out "ye..i...mean...N..O". My face once again returning to its cold mask I bowed my head as the colour finally drained from my cheeks, returning to my pale self.

"Lynn dressed me. I had no say in what I wore. Do you think...I look okay?"

"Don't be afraid to tell me if you ain't with it (you ain't with it)
I see you're focused, yeah, you're so independent (independent)
It's hard for me to open up, I'll admit it (I'll admit it)
You've got some shit to say and I'm here to listen
So baby, tell me where your love lies"

Moving my jaw like a fish I tried to tell her she looked brilliant but my voice box failed me and left me sounding like a dying cat. GREAT. Finally regaining my ability to talk I stuttered out a "you look Amazing" before turning on my heel and leaving. Heading towards my English classroom and only stopping to glance back at the frozen Naomi.

"Waste the day and spend the night
Underneath the sunrise
Show me where your love lies
Tell me where your love lies
Waste the day and spend the night
Underneath the sunrise"

After a full day of avoiding Naomi as well as I can, I was finally at my apartment. The image of Naomi was still burned into my mind, and every time I closed my eyes I could see the angel staring straight at me, a shy smile etched on her face. A giant smile split over my face and I let out a small sigh at her rare beauty as I sunk into my pillow. A few minutes later my daydreaming was interrupted by a small beep sounding from my phone. Sighing deeply I checked the screen and was happy to see the ID.

Naomi.

"Show me where your love lies
If you're down, don't hide it
Feelin' me, you don't gotta deny it
Baby you gon' make me overnight it
Tell me, are you down?"

Quickly typing a quick 'yes' I sprung to my feet and rushed to my car. Breaking every single speed limit, my concern for Naomi greater than my concern of tickets, and pulled up in front of the base. stopping by the door to let the trap go off, I hurried threw into the lounge and halted. Amazed.

"If you're down, don't hide it (yeah)
Feelin' me, you don't gotta deny it (yeah)
Baby you gon' make me overnight it
Tell me, are you down? (Tell me)
Tell me where your love lies (tell me where your love lies)"

Naomi was stood at the entrance of what could only be described as a castle. Blankets and pillows created a giant fort, the tv in the middle displaying the glowing Netflix sign, and the lights were dimmed to give the room an orange glow. My mouth still open I approached Naomi and laid on the sofa next to her. She was wearing pink unicorn PJs and looked sooooo cute!

"Waste the day and spend the night (waste the day, spend the night)
Underneath the sunrise (underneath the sunrise)
Show me where your love lies (tell me where your love lies)
Tell me where your love lies (show me where your love lies)"

"how come you did this for me?" I asked shocked. Blushing, she replied "you seemed off at school and well..." before drifting of unsure. "and..?" I questioned gently. "I like you" she blurted out, burying her face in her pillow. Laughing at how adorable she is when she's flustered I placed my pointer finger under her chin and gently guided her face to face mine.

"Waste the day and spend the night (yeah, yeah)
Underneath the sunrise (ooh)
Show me where your love lies"

Whispering a quick "I like you too" I connected our lips and my heart swelled. And we stayed like that for the rest of the night.

Happy.

A/N Hope you enjoyed it! Any more songs you would like to see?