Chapter 5

I HAVE DECIDED I WANT TO WRITE CHAPTERS IN THE ALPHA'S P.O.V. IT WON'T BE AS MANY CHAPTERS AS EZRA, BUT THERE WILL STILL BE SOME SO THE AUDIENCE CAN TELL WHAT'S HAPPENING AND HOW HE FEELS. I WILL SIGNIFY THE ALPHA'S CHAPTERS BY PUTTING A NUMBER IN THE CHAPTER SECTION INSTEAD OF SPELLING IT OUT. THANK YOU ALL!

     I looked over the paperwork that my father left for me to complete. It was the last of my registration into the pack's college. I had already missed my first day but I wasn't worried seeing as the superintendent was my uncle. This whole ordeal had my mind in a rut. My father wanted me to attend school so that I could be more knowledgeable about the human world. As knowledgeable as I am about the werewolf world. I couldn't complain though, seeing as I loved reading and the fact that the school's library was the biggest on the east coast brought me comfort. 

     I headed into my bathroom and turned the showerhead on to the hottest setting. I looked at myself as the bathroom started to steam up. My pitch black hair sat perfectly on top of my head and I stared hard into the grey eyes that I inherited from my mother. I pulled off my shirt revealing the scars from years of training. Am I suitable to be the Alpha? I thought. Of course we are Nikolas. My wolf howled back. I laughed as I could hear him muttering how powerful we were. I pulled off the rest of my clothes and hopped into the shower. The hot water felt good flowing over my aching muscles. I showered quickly and went into my room to get dressed. My mind was still in ten places as I sat down at my desk.

     Alpha Nikolas, the word is that there is a vampire's scent on our territory. My brows furrowed as I responded to my Beta's mind link. A vampire? I haven't heard of such a thing since my grandfather had sent his men to kill one. Go and check it out with four others and report back to me as soon as you do. 

     I got up as the mind link was closed and headed to the basement of the packhouse where our witch was. She had been a part of our pack since before I was born and she was like my second mother. I knocked on her door and entered as she yelled out permission. "I assume you already know of the news." I asked, "I sure do, boy, you know me." I smiled at her as she spoke. "Years ago I had a spell put up on the borders of our territory so that if any supernatural being we didn't know about entered, their scents would be heightened." 

     She gestured for me to come and sit near her so I did. "What do we do about it? As of right now, I don't think it's any harm, but I want to keep the pack safe." I exhaled out, crossing my hands behind my head and leaning farther into the couch. "Something tells me this vampire holds very many secrets that are going to change the future of our pack." At that, I locked eyes with her. "What do you mean Blair? Can you sense danger?" She chuckled slightly at my concern. "We'll have to wait and see, but for some reason, I feel this vampire has been protected for many years by one just like myself." Another witch? I thought. This could end up being worse than I imagined. 

     As I was lost in my thoughts, Blair snapped me back into reality. "Nik dear, don't stress too much about it now. Go on with your schooling and news will arrive sooner than you think." At that, I thanked her and got up. I gave her one last glance before heading up to my room. I let my body fall onto my bed. I had just been assigned Alpha and already I was worried about hundreds of things. I spaced off for what felt like thirty minutes before I heard yelling coming from outside of the packhouse and instantly I shot up. 

     Alpha, myself, and the four others have been hurt. We managed to escape the vampire but she and her witch friend wounded the souldiers badly. Meet me in the infirmary. I shouted as fury rained through me. Who does this vampire think she is? I ran fast to the infirmary and found all four of my men with deep, long claw marks going up the sides of their bodies. I caught a whiff of something that stopped me in my tracks. Sweet honey mixed with blood but it was fading quickly. I shook my head as I came back to reality. 

     "What happened Ze'ev." I shot my glance towards him, upset that he let this happen to my men. "Alpha, we had them surrounded. The vampire girl refused to come with us for questioning and instead attacked me. The other four were handling her witch friend and managed to wound her shoulder, but after that, it's like the vampire girl went full-on badass and overpowered me. We had her scent but it was as if they vanished from thin air and since then we haven't been able to track them." My hand met my temples as I took in the information. The vampire overpowered my strongest man? How could that be, she was merely a vampire. Yes, they were strong, but not stronger than my beta. "I'll be back, get these four healed up, and have the doctor check your vitals." He was about to refuse but before he could I left the building. 

     I walked back into the packhouse and sent someone to get Blair to join me in my conference room. As I sat down, she walked in closing the heavy doors behind her. "Blair, I'm extremely worried now about this vampire. She is with a witch and my Beta told me that she overpowered him? How is that even possible?" She looked at me with little emotion. "Niko dear, I'm not sure how she overpowered one of your strongest, but I do know that we need to move about this cautiously. If she is with a witch, it could explain her strength and the fact that your men cannot track her." She paused. "As of right now, no one must know what happened to those men, we don't want to get the pack worried." She made sense and I nodded as I let out a frustrated huff and closed my eyes. I leaned back in my chair, worry filling my mind. "I will keep the news from spreading but how do you suppose we go about this?" I questioned. 

     I opened my eyes as she began to speak. "Well for one, we need to find out why they are here. It doesn't seem like they came to attack the pack seeing as she wouldn't agree to come in for questioning. After that, we can go about dealing with it." I nodded as she spoke. "Why would she attack my men?" I questioned. Blair just looked at me through squinted eyes. "Your Beta is an asshole. Who knows how he provoked those girls." As dumb as it seemed, she was right. Ze'ev had a way of intimidating his opponent to get what he wanted. I wouldn't put it past him to use disrespect as a form of negotiation. 

     I left the room soon after that. I figured we couldn't track them anyways so I would up my knowledge on vampires. Especially strong vampires like the one encountered today. I entered our ancient library. It was three stories tall with ladders lining every section of it. I fished through hundreds of books, gathering about seven that could tell me more about vampires. I mind-linked the pack to let everyone know I will be taking the next couple hours away from communication and then sat in the middle of the library with the stack of books I had found. I flipped the first one open and started reading as the sun set. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 29, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Feared Alphaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें