Blind Texts

Pairing: Sebastian Stan x Reader

Word count: 2,393

Warnings: fluff

Summary: You agree to let Tom set you up with a work friend... the catch is, you have to text for a while before you know who it is... The blind dates he's sent you on before have been horrible... Will this be different?

Being friends with Tom Holland wasn't easy... Sure you loved him like he was your brother because you had been friends for so long, Harrison as well, but sometimes he just... didn't think, or he thought too much. The conversation you were having right now was a thinking too much conversation, and it was one you'd had before with him, multiple times.

"No, Tom, I won't do it," you tell him exasperated as you lean your head back against your couch.

"Y/N, please... just listen to me," Tom begs you.

"Why should I?" you ask as your voice raises just a little.

"Because I'm your best friend," Tom says without hesitation.

"Yea, but the last few times you've tried to set me up with someone, it has turned out horribly..." you remind him.

"I know that, and I've apologized profusely for that, but this guy is different. I can promise you that! I know this guy very well, more so than the others," Tom explains.

"How do I know you're not just telling me this?" you ask him.

"I've worked with him," he tells you.

"So he's an actor?" you ask. Tom nods in confirmation. "Anyone I would know?"

"Yes, and for that reason, when I set you up I think it would be best if you text first without knowing who he is so that you both get a feel for each other," Tom tells you. "That way ideas don't get in anyone's heads, yea?"

"That's a good idea and all but I still say no," you laugh at him when you hear him groan halfway through your sentence.

"What is it gonna take for you to agree to talk to this guy?" Tom asks you in desperation.

"A miracle," you say as you stand up and walk to the kitchen to make some popcorn before you start the movie you, Tom, and Harrison were supposed to be watching. Tom pulls out his phone when you are out of sight and texts Harrison.

Tom: Where are you? I need help!!

Haz: Almost there. 2 minutes

Tom breathes a sigh of relief as he pockets his phone just before you walk back in the room.

"That was Haz. Said he was almost here," Tom tells you as you resume your spot on the couch.

"Good. What movie is he bringing again?" you ask him.

"Uhm, something called The Covenant? I don't know, honestly. Haz is bringing it. He said Charlotte said you needed to watch it," Tom explained as you nodded your head. Just as you pulled your feet up on the couch, Harrison walked through the door.

"Sorry, sorry! Charlotte wouldn't stop talking about this movie. Kept telling me to make sure to tell you that you 'needed' to watch this movie," Harrison laughs as he walks into the living room and finds a seat.

"Did she say why exactly?" you ask Harrison as Tom reaches for his beer on the table in front of him and takes a drink.

"She specifically said because of Steven Strait, Taylor Kitsch, and Sebastian Stan," Harrison told you with a laugh as Tom nearly choked on his beer.