Beach Trip (Bucky Barnes)

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader

Word count: 2,847

Warnings: tiny bit of angst if you squint, fluff, mild cursing

Requested: No. This was for @petersshirts writing challenge where I had the prompt "Apparently all our friends have a bet going that we end up together," @Littledarlinhavefaithinme writing challenge where I had the prompt "Hey, Your eyes have a little green in them," & last but not least for @Flightofthefantasies writing challenge where I had the Beach Trip AU/Theme.

Summary: Y/N agrees to go on a girls trip if her 2 best friends are still single at the time the trip comes up. It just so happens that they are... What happens on this trip? Who do they meet?

You really didn't want to go on this beach trip... but you had promised your two best friends that if you happened to ALL still be single when the time came around, that you would go. You couldn't believe that one of them hadn't started dating someone since you made the deal, but here you were... starting the third day of your week long trip. The girls tried to get you to wake up early and come with them to the beach, but you wanted to sleep in, which they finally let you do and you told them you would meet them in a couple hours. When you finally rolled out of bed and threw your swimsuit on, you found the girls lounging on their towels not far from the hotel and went to join them.

"Did you have to sit so close to those people's things?" you ask them as you place your towel down and lie beside them.

"Yes," Lexi laughs. "They're sitting with us."

"Okay then..." you roll your eyes.

"Be nice," Nia warns you.

"Didn't say anything, did I?" you quip.

"No, but I know that face," she tells you. You throw your sunglasses on and lie back on your towel as you try to relax. Half an hour later, you open your eyes as you hear voices getting louder. You close your eyes quickly when you realize it's three guys that are sitting with you. You should have known they would try something like this, it's just like them.

"Y/N, you awake over there?" Lexi calls.

"Yea..." you say as you sit up on your elbows and look at her.

"This is Steve, Clint, and Bucky," she says as she introduces the guys to you. You put a fake smile on your face as you look at them.

"Nice to meet you," you tell them as they nod at you and you return to your lying position.

"Is she always like that?" you hear one of them say very quietly making you sit back up.

"You know I can still hear you, right?" you growl at them as you stand up, grabbing your towel before you storm off towards the hotel. You hear your friends call after you but you don't stop. You hear one of the guys call behind you as you walk. Turning your head to the side, you see that he's following you. "What do you want?" you ask heatedly as you continue to walk.

"He didn't mean it like that... Steve's just... used to people always liking him," he explains.

"Yea well, he better get used to disappointment," you scoff as you make your way inside the hotel, feeling him continue to walk behind you.

"Wait," he called to you, finally making you stop in your tracks.

"What?" you ask him impatiently.

"Come have a drink with me?" he asks in return.

"A drink?" you ask as you feel your eyebrows shoot up.

"Yea," he shrugs his shoulders. "Sort of an apology for my friend being dumb." He smiled when you finally laughed. "Please?"