Moon

Lurking outside the residence of Zeus' palace was a tan, young man none other than his own son Kongpob. Hiding himself behind pillars and squeezing himself in tiny spaces to hide his appearance from his family, he somehow managed to make his way out of the dark chokehold of the very place he called his home without anyone taking notice of his absence. If his father found out about his whereabouts he'd be in grave trouble, hence all the sneaking around.

The last few days in his life had been rather eventful, to say the least. The highlight of it all being, the sudden realization that he'd in fact been living the life of a prisoner in the very place that he considered his safe haven. That one day spent with Arthit had opened his eyes to a whole new world. He saw Mount Olympus from a whole different point of view.

That one chariot ride, the deep exchange of stories, the moments the two shared together had changed him and he realised a lot of things. One, he wanted to live his life the same way that he did that day, like a bird in the sky, soaring through the skies without a care in the world. Two, his own home was filled with secrets he had yet to discover, namely the prophecy. He promised himself that no matter what difficulties he'd have to face, he'd uncover the truth and not let any obstacles stand between him and the naked truth.

And finally the third and most important and bothering thing, he felt this weird connection of sorts with Arthit. A deep connection that should've otherwise taken long to form, but in this situation it was formed in a short while. But that wasn't the part that bothered him, it was the fact that he had somehow began to develop feelings for him. Feelings that he should've had for a woman and not a man.

These thoughts made him feel ashamed of himself, he felt disgusted and wrong but at the same time he had butterflies every time he thought about Arthit. He wanted to run, to hide from these feelings that had slowly begun to envelope every other thought he had.

Kongpob thought that this might just be a stupid phase and that he'd soon grow out of it due to the lack of interactions with Arthit. He had to stop whatever this was and start to function everyday just like he did before meeting Arthit and stop letting every thought lead back to the elder.

But apparently fate had different plans for the young God. Just as he stumbled his way across the courtyard of the palace like residence he crashed into a man and was about to fall. He closed his eyes and braced for impact. Luckily before his bottom could touch the dusty ground, the man steadied him. He held onto his waist by sliding his long, slender fingers across his waist and had a vice like grip around it to make sure the other wouldn't fall.

When the fall didn't happen, Kongpon opened his eyes and found the most gorgeous pair of honey brown eyes staring right back at his own chocolate brown orbs. He realised that it was actually Arthit who yet again saved him. The hands on his waist, the piercing gaze and the way the pale moonlight lit up Arthit's face and made it look even more ethereal made Kongpob's heart race at the speed of light.

Even though he felt the grip around his waist that held him in place, he felt like he'd fall to the ground any moment now as his knees felt weak with that gaze. He needed to get away from the man or else he'd probably do something to him that he'd regret a lot in the future, something like kissing him senseless.

He tried to steady himself by holding onto the other's shoulders but in the process applied too much pressure to Arthit's shoulder that caused him to stumble and the two were on the ground in no time. Arthit still had his arms around Kongpob's waist and that kind of made the fall less impactful for them.

Arthit slid his arms across Kongpob's back, "Your hair has grown long Kongpob, it's getting into your eyes now" he said and brushed the hair across his forehead. "There, you're looking all handsome again" he smiled down at the man under him. That comment made the younger blush, "Arthit your crushing me, get off me quick" he said trying to hide the evident blush.

Arthit stood up and dusted his clothes and helped Kongpob onto his feet. "What are you doing out here at this late hour?" asked a concerned Arthit. "Trying to get out of that hell hole for some time, the restrictions keep getting worse with every day nearing my birthday" he replied exasperated.

Arthit caressed his face, "Don't worry, everything will turn out fine in the end, okay?" The soft fingers brushing against his cheekbones soothed his nerves but the the unwavering gaze that Arthit gave him while doing so, made his cheeks turn red. "Is there any place around here, where I can feel serene, calm and in touch with myself? If there is, please take me there. I really need this" he looked into Arthit's eyes.

Arthit gently grabbed his wrist and coaxed him to follow him. Kongpob loved the way Arthit's strong fingers felt wrapped around his wrist, he felt a kind of electricity when Arthit touched him. They walked side by side in comfortable silence until Arthit spoke up, "The moon looks really beautiful tonight, doesn't it?" a gentle smile graced his face while stared at the moon with awe.

In that moment he looked like an ethereal being to Kongpob, he was overwhelmed by his beauty and so without give it much of a thought he said, "It is, but you look more beautiful tonight."

Surprised by the sudden compliment, he turned his head towards Kongpob. There was a gap of merely a few centimeters between them. Arthit blushed due to the intense gaze that Kongpob was giving him. Kongpob now clearly understood that he was falling for Arthit and this wasn't just a weird feeling.

Arthit felt hot and bothered due to that gaze, he felt those pair of orbs looking straight into his soul. He felt vulnerable and bare. His stomach felt really weird, were those butterflies? Maybe or maybe not.

For the first time, he stared at Kongpob's face properly and understood clearly why he was the God of beauty. His face was carved in a way that you wouldn't find a thing that could blemish his unwavering beauty and charm. He felt intimidated by his gaze and physical beauty.

Kongpob lifted his both his hands and placed them on Arthit's cheeks. He raised his thumbs and slowly caressed his cheeks with them. "You have such soft cheeks" he raised his eyes and looked into the other's eyes and got lost in them. He brushed his thumb across Arthit's lips as well. "Your lips are so pretty and soft like a marshmallow"

He had no control over his next actions and he very slowly leaned forward to try and feel those soft pink lips against his own. He tried to bridge the gap between their lips and inched closer and closer and closed his eyes.

A/N

I'm sorry for the late update. I had a writer's block but now I think I'm back on track so you can expect more updates.

Also this more of a filler chapter and there'll more interesting stuff in the next chapter.