Chapter Two: What the Buck?!

Sorry about the wait. Things got busy since I missed school because of track meets. Also, Avengers Endgame comes out tomorrow! I can't wait. What are you most excited for to see in Avengers Endgame? Leave a comment! I'm excited to see Tony and Steve team up again, and hopefully Loki comes back.

Chapter Two: What the Buck?!

Bucky was doing some grocery shopping in Bucharest, Romania when he felt a wave of nausea roll over him. He rushed into an alleyway in hopes to find a garbage can when the whole world started spinning. The motion and blur of colors was too much, causing Bucky to black out.

When he woke up, he was laying on a park bench in Seattle, Washington. He could clearly see the Space Needle from the bench, the lights that were on during the night were shining brightly. There was no mistaking that he was in Seattle.

"What the hell?" Bucky asked out loud. It was a weird situation but at least he wasn't nauseous anymore.

Bucky dug his phone out of his inside jacket pocket. It ten o'clock at night, meaning it was eight o'clock in the morning in Bucharest. Bucky sighed and pocketed his phone. His phone was new. There was no way that it would lie.

He sighed tiredly at his current problem. Whatever had transported him here was gone. There was no way back home to his apartment.

Bucky stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans and walked into the city. Maybe he could find answers there.

/\/\/\/\

He was tired of walking. There was nothing in Seattle that could explain why he was transported halfway across the world in the span of a few seconds. Bucky tried calling Steve for help, but his phone had died around eight that morning after hours of using it as a map. He would have to figure this out on his own.

Bucky's stomach suddenly growled. He guessed it was time for breakfast, and maybe a nap. The time zone difference was starting to get to him. He pulled open the door to a coffee shop and ended up leaving with several bagels and a bottle of water. He finished his breakfast at a park and decided to find a comfortable, safe place to at least take a break.

This problem was going to be tough to solve. He didn't have enough money for a plane ticket and there was no way he was going to ride a ship across the ocean. The Avengers headquarters was too far and too expensive for a car ride. He also didn't trust modern cars, the technology was confusing and he heard of people with hacked cars getting into accidents.

Bucky pulled his baseball cap lower over his eyes. He hated being out in public a lot. It increased his chance of being caught by police, or Hydra. Despite his connection to the Avengers and helping take down Thanos, he was still wanted for murder and violating the Sokovia Accords. Steve had told him that the government wanted to give him a trial, but Bucky didn't want to risk the chance of losing the court case. He decided that it was easier to hide.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he wasn't looking where he was going. He turned a corner too close to the wall and bumped into another man.

"Sorry," Bucky muttered as he continued to walk; his stride too long for anyone not to be suspicious. The other man didn't reply, however, Bucky felt eyes on him. He had to get out of Seattle soon.

/\/\/\/\

He decided to head back to the park. The trees had bright red, orange, and yellow leaves. Leaves covered the sidewalk as the autumn breeze shook them off the branches.

The sun was rising in the blue sky. A few leaves rustled on the ground. The park was fairly empty. Only a few people were out walking. Everyone was either at work or school, despite the nice weather.