32.

"THE WEDDING is this Saturday

"THE WEDDING is this Saturday."

"Ahhhhhhhhhh can I come!" May was grinning at Noel while downing a carton of orange juice. Bethany sat next to her, twirling her braids through her long fingers.

"Sure everyone can come." Although Noel was still conflicted on the topic of his mom getting married, nothing could dampen his mood.

"Is Myron coming?" Dylan piped up with a grin, his buzzcut had now grown out into swathes of thick brown hair covering his ears, Noel had a feeling he was going to shave it all off again.

"I haven't seen him today." All Noel could think about was Myron, Myron's hair, Myron's eyes, Myron's lips.

"Incoming! Myron at two o'clock!" May burst out into a fit of giggles, her orange juice splaying out of her mouth and onto Bethany.

"Can you not."

"I didn't mean it Bethany, it was by accident-"

"Hey guys." Myron's speech halted May's apologetic spew. She shot a bright smile at him, Bethany nodded her head at him in mild interest and Dylan proceeded to wrap his large arm around Myron's neck. "Sit down you goof."

Myron sat across from Noel, he quirked his lips into a slight smile, his long legs stretching out and pressing against Noel's. "What's going on?"

"My mom and Ron are getting married on Saturday. Do you want to come?"

"Of course." Then Myron leaned closer to Noel, his lips curving up into a flirtatious smile. "I can't wait."

Bethany and May were too busy arguing over thin air, however Dylan had noticed their subtle interaction, he turned his gaze towards them assessing their positions next to each other.

"What's going on with you two?"

Noel abruptly moved his face from Myron's, he began to cough loudly, breaking Bethany and May's argument as they both turned to look at him.

"What- I, see- the thing is-I don't...what...are-" Breaking Noel's stutter came a cheerleader, with brown hair curled up to her shoulders and a nervous expression. She approached their lunch table tentatively, wringing her fingers round and round again.