Prologue - Tora

drip 

          drip 

                      drip

Golden blood mixed with crystalline tears slid off of pale cheeks and splashed onto the cracked and barren ground. The fighting continued around the pale body on the floor, and the bitter wind stung her cloudless cheeks.

'Ah,'  the woman thought. 'I'm dying.'

With a mixture of desperation and acceptance, the blue haired woman - no, she was really a girl wasn't she? 

A scared and lonely girl who lost everything at such a young age. 

Manipulated by the ones she once hated, and driven by her thirst for revenge. 

She was only half conscious of the flames of war raging around her. 

Ah, Alma Torran. 

A place she once called home, torn apart by the greed and sadness of its inhabitants.

' Solomon. Lord Solomon, won't you spare my baby girl? She is too young and pure to be punished for my mistakes. Oh, gracious King Solomon, won't you let my darling child live?' 

And her beloved king watched sadly from the heavens, granting her her one last wish.

 And as the light slipped out of her eyes, the wailing of a young child slowly faded into the night.

short first chapter, but to keep writing would be to ruin the pleasant mood i have going here, aye?