Chapter One - Seia

"Ara, ara. What do we have here?" A saddlebag adorned with Kou's royal crest was slung over a beautiful brown horse. Hakuei blinked down at the young magician, who was perched precariously atop her staff.

Her dark blue hair was ruffled slightly, most likely an outcome of her roughhousing with Kouha.

"You're going to that tribe village, right? Ooh, can I come? Can I come? Pleease?" Seia Ri whined. "Onii-chan is coming, right? So you have to let me come!"

The princess frowned. Seia wasn't normally this excited to go on trips with her. "Seia-chan, Seishun is my household. But you're one of our most important magicians, so we can't afford to keep you away from the palace."

Seia's eyes watered up. Hakuei nee-sama was her friend, right? So why wouldn't she let her come? But she knew the woman wouldn't back down easily. She sighed. "Can I at least say goodbye to onii-chan?"

Hakuei nodded. "Go back quickly though, we must be leaving soon."

Seia grinned, and ran off towards the servant's horses. "Take care, Hakuei onee-sama!"

Her brother's back was turned when she found him. She smirked. Just a little closer, and...

"Waah!" She kicked her legs around, but her brother's grip was firm as he lifted her up in the air by her collar. She poked him on his head gently as he put her down.

"What was that for?" she cried. He huffed. "You're not very sneaky, you know that, right?"

Seia pouted. "I come to say goodbye to you, and this is how to treat me?" The boy paled. He knew very well how this would end up if he didn't do something to appease the girl. As kind and charming as she was, the small girl has a very fiery temper. One that was very difficult to cool down.

He knew from previous experiences that the end result may very well end in the omplete obliteration of the country, (and this was no exaggeration).

He slowly backed off before she could start shooting snowballs at him (a trick Judar had taught her with glee). He had been on the receiving end of her wrath more than once and knew it could end up badly.

He patted her head softly which seemed to ease up her anger. "I'll see you when we come back, 'kay?" She nodded, eyes going back to shimmering with unshed ears. "I'll miss you big bro!"

Seishun waved goodbye to her as she ran back to the gardens of palace where she would most likely badger Kougyoku hime-sama, not that the young princess minded.

He just hoped Judar wouldn't take it upon himself to 'mentor' the easily influenced magic-user while he was away.

~~

Walking around the palace, the young magician soon learned that her self-proclaimed 'mentor had been dragged off by the palace priests to who knows where, and both Mei nee-sama and En nee-sama were in a war council meeting.

Therefore, this left her with three options.

1). The option with the least risk was to find Gyoku-chan. If Seia did this, there was a very low chance of her getting into trouble with the higher-ups, or spending hours in a dull library. However, Kougyoku would most likely want to have a tea party, or something else equally as emotionally draining.

On most days, Seia would be fine with this, as she loved to spend time with her closest female friend, but today she wanted to take her mind off of her brother leaving.

2). The second option, which also had a minimal chance of danger, was to find Ryuu-chan. But Seia knew for sure that he was in the library, studying for god knows what reason.

The positive side to choosing this option would be that there is a fair chance that she can convince him to bake something nice to eat. In Seia's opinion, Ryuu-chan's cooking was the best in the palace.

However, if he refused, she would be stuck in the library for hours on end.

3). The last option, which definitely was the riskiest, was to find Kouha-chan and do whatever he felt like doing.

It's also the choice with the most danger, because there was always a 50/50 chance of him either doing something positively life-threatening, or forcing Seia to become his 'doll,' which she only enjoyed on good days.

~~

The third option was definitely the best one, in her opinion, and she was not likely to be punished too harshly, seeing as she hasn't done anything particularly chaotic in the last few months.

Having made up her mind, she skipped over to Kouha's quarters, hoping fervently that he had had a nice day, god forbid he was in a bad mood.

CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THIS STORY! Old readers may be confused, but it's the same characters, different plotline. Seia has not gone with Hakuei this time, but instead remains at Kou's palace. She will not meet Aladdin and Morgiana quite yet, but her time may come in the Balbadd arc.