Chapter 2 - Seia

12 years ago

It felt dull.
No point wondering which part of her was hurting. Pain seared her entire being, from head to toe.
But it felt dull.
The collar clasped sround her neck choked her, barely letting her breathe. The chains bound to her wrists had almost sunk into her skin, leaving deep imprints. And the raggedy brown dress she wore was torn and faded, only slightly covering her malnourished body. She shivered, but she wasn't cold. She wasn't hot either. Her master dragged her past a stall selling mirrors. She stopped. Where was that little girl with a smile to big for her face?
She remebered her father said it looked like her mother's smile. Yes, her mother had given her that smile as she was dragged away, kicking and screaming. She gave that same smile when a pouch of coins was deposited into her hands. She gave that same smile as she watched the slave cart peddle off.
The girl remembered feeling something inexplicably dark welling up inside her, too young and inexperienced to hold it in. When she woke up, she was sitting in the middle of a huge crater, blood stains and limbs scattered around it. She ran. She ran so, so far but they always found her. They? The slave traders. No matter how far she got, they'd always catch her. Always, always, always. She didn't remember when she gave up trying, but she did. She let them take her, and pushed down every scrap of emotion. But when she slept, she could see that explosion, every night without fail, blood raining down. Bodies everywhere. And the sky was so dark.
But when she woke up, a year later, something was different. Voices echoed from the main room in the building she was kept in. One was the rough, familiar voice of her master. How she detested that voice. The other was unfamiliar, it was smoother and colder.
She was sold to this man, dressed all the black, with the strangest mask.

this hasn't been proof read lololol
i just felt the urge to update for once. it's been months, hasn't it? ah well.