Chapter 1: Mistaken

Your Point of View

THE CURSE I once had is finally gone.

I stayed for more than an hour with the guy inside the library, while the librarian was still sleeping and no other souls dared to visit the library on the first day of school aside from the guy earlier. I spent my time reading the Sherlock Holmes novel until it was near 6.

I still couldn't believe I was completely free from all the unknown voices I used to receive before. I could finally experience the natural peace I always wanted now.

Should I find and thank that guy who was the first one to make me realize that my telepathy is gone?

I would've, but I knew he will only freak out or something if I tell him about this. It's better to remain it a secret, especially now that it is finally gone.

God, I feel like I'm the happiest and freest person on Earth today.

With a smile plastered on my face, I walked down the hallways to find the room for my first class which is Arts, the only subject I would always look forward to.

As I said, I have dreams for myself.

I want to be an artist someday. That is why I plan to take Fine Arts in college.

I loved anything that involves creating. Drawing, crafting, coloring, capturing, sketching, and animating are my cups of tea.

Aside from making it a hobby, drawing was also my escape from reality. No matter what my mood is, I would use my imagination and change the world on how I see it. I would let out the visions in my head that wants to be drawn.

I believed I could create something wise and useful using my magical hands. I draw whatever's inside my mind. From the nature's gift to the tallest skyscrapers, from the most underrated creature to the nation's favorite thing, I wouldn't care. I'll just play and let everything out.

'I can't believe she didn't transfer to another school after all the humiliations she suffered last year.'

'The ugly witch is back again to cast us her demonic spells.'

My trail of thoughts popped when I heard someone badmouthing me like they always do. Very unsurprising.

It sounded weird though, like it didn't come out from their mouths.

I turned my gaze to find out whose voice it was.

It was those three bullies again who never stopped interfering with others' lives.

And there, I was certain that I am their target today.

I could tell it already by just looking at their hateful eyes that desires to make me disappear from this school.

But no matter how hard they try to make me suffer, I never gave up. Not once in a blue moon I've ever thought of quitting because of how they see me.

Though my telepathy was gone, I continued what I've already started from the beginning.

Still, I should keep myself in the dark in order to keep my disguise on. I must not let them see my reaction, or else they will grow more suspicious of me. For now, I must go on manipulating and deceiving them.

Because in the end, no one would believe me if I tell them I was a telepath, they'll just think that I was crazy and I need a psychiatrist to help me.

I walked faster to pass by them immediately. I might end up being late for the first day of school if I let them get in my way.

I looked at my watch. It's already exact 5:56AM, I must keep going now.