Chapter 4: Sonata

Your Point if View

AFTER WHAT happened yesterday, even if I was starving to death, I forced myself to skip dinner and not leave my room until the day ends.

I woke up earlier than usual today, and this will probably continue for as long as that Levi Ackerman is here.

It is just 2:30 in the morning, but I don't give a damn if I only had five hours of sleep because I was doing this for my own sake, for the sake of my precious secret.

Before attempting to open the door of my room, I placed on a mask that would cover half of my face and the (h/c) wig I use to wear everytime I put on my disguise.

Who knows what would happen if he catches the girl he saw last night.

I slowly walked out of my bedroom and went straight to the kitchen to get my breakfast this morning.

Really, I was so hungry that I would consider eating a man as food.

I reached the cereal placed in the cabinets and brought a sachet of coffee. I also got the thermos containing hot water beside the sink.

After finishing my breakfast in a couple of minutes, I got my uniform, toothbrush, and a towel before entering the bathroom.

I took a quick bath and finally, returned back to my room for my make-up that takes me more than an hour to be done. This was why I needed to wake up early everyday, even if there are no classes.

No one should see the real me.

I looked up at the mirror like I always do with a sigh. Another day of suffering. Good luck, (y/n).

---

I successfully got out of the damned apartment without that Levi knowing.

Luckily, I never saw a glimpse of him in the middle of my preparation, and that was really good news. How I wish this continues until he leaves my unit.

'Another early bird.'

A thought entered my mind as I was passing by the gates of the campus.

The voice probably came from one of the school guards.

But wait, say what? Another?

What if- ah, scratch that. I didn't see that guy earlier so what I was thinking is entirely impossible.

I walked in the campus while handling my bike inside the empty parking area.

The atmosphere feels so nice and cold in the morning, I love times like this.

No nearby people, no excess baggages that may enter my mind. My ideal, perfect place.

Surprisingly, something rare caught my eye that made me stop walking.

I spotted a bike near the bushes, the only bike that is around which is very unusual. I was the only student who goes in this school early than anybody else and that new guy-

Wait a minute, hold on, hold on...

Please, tell me what I am thinking is wrong. There's no way that thing could happen.

Yeah, right. There's no way he left the apartment earlier than I did. The owner of that bike can be someone else, I was just overthinking.

I calmed myself and tried to persuade myself that my deductions were wrong as I walked through the silent hallways until I reached the library.

Slowly, I walked in and made sure I didn't make any noise.

I looked around to make sure nobody else was here except for the librarian who is surprisingly awake at the counter.

'Wow, the bookworm is here again.'

I heard a sarcastic thought from Esmeralda, but I didn't look at her to avoid her suspecting me glancing at her direction while she was saying bad things about me in her head.

I sat down near the counter and started unleashing the zipper of my backpack.

The lessons will definitely start today, so I brought the important textbooks I needed inside my bag.

Maybe I haven't told you this yet, but I was top of our class last school year. I am a straight A student and of course, I am determined to maintain that spot of mine. I want to prove everyone else that this freak isn't just a freak.

I sat down on the chair near the library's piano. I figured that we'll be learning how to play piano for our first lesson in Music, so it wouldn't hurt if I take a look and practice for a while. I don't have any thing in my plate at the moment, though.

"Permission to let me use the piano, Miss Esmeralda." I let out a small smile and pleaded the librarian.

She was only looking at her phone and never averted her gaze from it.

'You shouldn't have asked, you're ruining my day.'

"Go ahead." She muttered without looking at my direction.

I went to look for a book as my guide first before playing. When I was all set, I started playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata while looking at the guide at the same time.

It sounded creepy, though. I mean, out of all the pieces I should've picked, I chose to play this piece that fits so much for a horror movie.

"I didn't see you earlier."

My fingers froze when I heard the cold, familiar voice coming from my back. Hell, don't make me believe my own hunch...

I slowly turned around, and immediately went fazed of the man's mere presence.

I knew it, I was right all along.

The mysterious Levi Ackerman is standing right behind me, and I think I know the reason why I wasn't able to detect if he was here earlier.

But why?

Why does he always have to be there wherever I go? Was it still a mere coincidence that I always have to encounter him in every place possible?

"I-I was just in my room this morning..." I pretended naive. I am in my disguise again and I have to play that nerdy freak everyone knew.

"Correct me if I'm wrong. You're not (y/n), are you?" He asked out of nowhere.

I cleared my throat before answering him.

What's with the question? Why does he have to ask me that way? This feels like deja vu.

"B-but I am (y/n)..."

My hands started to shake, so I placed them inside my skirt's pockets without him noticing.

Jesus Christ, what kind of aura does he have to make me go so bothered? He is the only person who can make me go like this.

Was it because he was the only person whose mind I can't read?

But why do I feel so uncomfortable and scared about it? Why can't I just be happy that finally, a God-sent human arrived to remind me that I was normal, and at least, my curse doesn't work on him.

"Tch, never mind."

He didn't open any further topics and instead, he walked towards the bookshelves which is favorable to me.

I really, really can't stand being around with someone like him.